PDA

View Full Version : What is up with this new 14" super bandsaw from rikon that is supposed to be out?

Bruno Frontera dela Cruz
01-31-2012, 9:21 PM
Read some press releases from last year discussing a rikon 10-350 that should have been out by now but I can't find any real details or reviews yet...is the launch delayed or perhaps the price strategy being tweaked???

Van Huskey
02-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Read some press releases from last year discussing a rikon 10-350 that should have been out by now but I can't find any real details or reviews yet...is the launch delayed or perhaps the price strategy being tweaked???

From what I have seen of features and price the Laguna LT14SUV seems to make a lot more sense.

Neil Brooks
02-02-2012, 7:56 AM
Is it this guy ? (http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/39476/awfs-tool-update-rikon-pours-its-best-bandsaw-features-into-a-super-saw)

Bruno Frontera dela Cruz
02-02-2012, 9:05 AM
That is the one.

My hope is that there is a solid difference between msrp and street price...but the laguna has a built in mobile base so that is worth $75 or so.

Van Huskey
02-02-2012, 10:02 PM
That is the one.

My hope is that there is a solid difference between msrp and street price....

I would hope so to but Rikon outside sales tens to sell what what they list as MSRP, but who knows. Even if they go on sale like the other saws at Woodcraft the Laguna saws also go on sale or come with extras on a regular bases. It certainly has some nice features but the Laguna has even more for $100 more if the pricing of the Rikon holds.