PDA

View Full Version : What a great Birthday surprize. I get to see my tools made & meet Alan Lacer

Bill Wyko
01-30-2012, 7:37 PM
I called Paulo at Glaser Hitec today to check on my skew order. We got to talking and I mentioned I'd be in California in a couple weeks. He was so kind and invited me to come to his facility to actually see my tools made. He also said Alan Lacer is going to be there too. Needles to say, this really made my day, my birthday no less. What an incredible opportunity, I can't wait!!! You can bet, I'll take lots of pictures for sure. I am so excited, so much for a good nights sleep over the next couple weeks. I just can't believe I'll get to see the process, how cool will that be? :D:D:D:D

Ken Glass
01-30-2012, 8:26 PM
Rub it in, Bill. First the symposium now this...... Ok. Happy birthday!!! lots of puictures too.

Dan Forman
01-30-2012, 9:11 PM
Sounds pretty cool!

Dan

Jamie Donaldson
01-30-2012, 9:16 PM
Bill- when you see Alan, buy one of his diamond hones for those tools, assuming that you don't already have one!

Marty Eargle
01-30-2012, 9:20 PM
I'm jealous. Certainly an experience that many turners will never get to have. I'm sure it'll be something you remember forever.

Pete Jordan
01-30-2012, 9:23 PM
You are out of control!

Keep it up!

Brian Effinger
01-30-2012, 10:51 PM
OK, I know we are not supposed to say "suck", but yeah, you suck. :D That will be way cool. Just make sure the camera has fresh batteries and film or card or whatever. :p

I guess you are having a really happy birthday! :)

Steve Vaughan
01-30-2012, 11:11 PM
What a very cool thing you get to see! Congrats!

Bill Wyko
01-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Thanks guys, I had a really tough 2011, It sure feels good to see 2012 going in a positive direction. I'm more than happy to share my experience with my wonderful wood turning friends here. I'm actually going to see my daughter, she's a hair stylist very near by, only a few miles away. I'm blessed with an incredible kid to boot. I am so excited to see the process involved in the making of the tools. That kind of stuff really sparks my interest. I've always liked having a thorough understanding of the tools I own, powered or not. It gives me a better respect and attention to detail in what I do. I have to live up to the tool itself or I'm not deserving of it.
I've been told I'm crazy but you're all welcome to come in, the water is fine. I'm sure you'll find many of your friends here too.:D LMAO

Andrew Kertesz
01-31-2012, 5:57 AM
What a great start to the new year! Hopefully this is an indication of what the rest of the year will bring, and it is always great when you get to see the kids. I'm wondering now if Alan and Glaser are going to collaberate on making Alan's skews going forward.

Steve Campbell
01-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Congats. on you upcoming trip. I only have one question. Do you really think you can do all that and only buy "one" tool? I don't think so.
Have fun. Wish I could join you.

Steve

Bill Wyko
01-31-2012, 11:39 AM
I have no idea or any indication of any collaboration nor has it been mentioned in any way to me. As far as I know their just friends. Steve, lets not go there my friend. Resistance may be futile.