PDA

View Full Version : Clock Plans and Hardware Sources

Johnnyy Johnson
01-30-2012, 3:14 PM
I have searched and read articles for a couple hours today looking for a well-rounded source of clock plans and hardware. I am looking for craftsman, arts and craft style mantle clocks. (even Green and Green) Does anyone have a link or know of a magazine, catalog? Please share if you have sorted through all the junk and got a good source of parts and plans.

Thanks for any help
Johnny

Dave Lehnert
01-30-2012, 3:24 PM
http://www.klockit.com/ is the most popular for parts. they do offer some planes.

Larry Browning
01-30-2012, 4:24 PM
I did the same search for grandfather clock plans. The best one I found was klockit.com, but their choices are limited. Compared to other types of furniture projects choices are pretty limited everywhere. You can find others here and there, but for the most part there just isn't much of a selection. You may have to find something kinda close to what you want and modify it.

BTW: I think Wood magazine and maybe Woodsmith both have A&C/Mission stye mantle clock plans.

Lee Schierer
01-30-2012, 4:43 PM
I think "Wood" did a Craftsman or Greene & Greene style mantle clock a few years ago.

Larry Anderson
01-30-2012, 7:41 PM
Woodsmith has a craftsman clock in their current issue...#199.

Thomas Hotchkin
01-31-2012, 12:45 AM
Johnny
Popular Woodworking had a nice Stickley Mantle Clock in issue #173. With plans by Glen Huey. Tom

Johnnyy Johnson
01-31-2012, 7:06 AM
Thanks everyone...I am looking at the listed link and mazazines..still searching.

Jim Rimmer
01-31-2012, 1:43 PM
Try Woodworkers Journal dot com. I have a saved pdf file for a Craftsman clock (too big to attach). Also check Popular Woodworkings website for free plans. Both sites have free plans and some plans for a small fee.