PDA

View Full Version : Free Wood-- Photos of Work?

Ray Mighells
01-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Hi Y'all, last summer I gave away a good bit of wood to creekers, but haven't seen any photos of finished products. You don't have to hoard the wood, I have lots more.

Vicki Rivrud
01-31-2012, 8:32 AM
Hi Ray,
How would I get free wood? AND I would surely post photos. . . . . Are you still moving to Florida?

Happy lasering,
Vicki
Palm Harbor, Fl

Dee Gallo
01-31-2012, 2:57 PM
I thought I posted these for you, but here's an item I have made with your wood which has been extremely popular with my customers...even if most folks here don't know what they are! hahaha My logo and website are on the back, so I didn't show it here. These are using the cherry. 2" squares for $24 each.

Also, I made quite a few notepads with the wood hinges around Christmastime, here are two of them. Sorry about the blurriness, I forgot to use my macro. These are using the walnut with birch ply for the hinges.

I love your wood, dee

Linda Tetreault
02-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Dee,
Nice work, those notebooks are a great idea.

Martin Boekers
02-02-2012, 11:29 AM
I love the note pads Dee! I get inspired from so many postings here,
but there never is enough time to explore them all! :(

Dee Gallo
02-02-2012, 3:21 PM
Thanks, Linda and Martin - I agree, there are not enough hours in the day to do all things this site inspires... but every once in a while you get to play with something new and different.

cheers, dee

Joe Hillmann
02-02-2012, 4:41 PM
So what are the dragon thingies?

Dee Gallo
02-02-2012, 9:25 PM
So what are the dragon thingies?

They are called Wind Indicators, used in the game of Mah Jong to designate the prevailing Wind. That's why it has to able to rotate from E-S-W-N.

walter hofmann
02-03-2012, 6:58 AM
Hi there
I would like to have some of the wood too, tell me how we can do it pay for shiping
my PM is a542002@hotmail.com
thanks and greetings
walt

Hi Y'all, last summer I gave away a good bit of wood to creekers, but haven't seen any photos of finished products. You don't have to hoard the wood, I have lots more.

Jim Nelson
02-03-2012, 8:20 AM
Missed the information about the free wood. I would appreciate the information.
Thanks
Jim
Epilog 36EXT 60 watt

Hannu Rinne
02-03-2012, 9:54 AM
Hi Dee,

Really beautiful works !

Best regards,
Hannu

Ray Mighells
02-05-2012, 8:06 PM
Dee, thanks for posting, I did see the game piece before, but not the note book. You do great work and are a credit to the Creek.
Vicki, I'm at Lake Rosalie near Lake Wales for the winter. Back to NY in Apr. Give me a call or come visit if you like.
Others; the free wood was a promotion for the wood I am offering in Friends of The Creek. Check my offering and the link to photos

Steve Clarkson
02-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Ray,

Do you sell 1/4" thick bamboo? If not, does anyone have a source?

George M. Perzel
02-06-2012, 6:38 AM
Hi Steve;
I was able to get some 1/4" bamboo by resawing bamboo flooring available at any of the big box store-not very wide (4") but served my purpose.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Steve Clarkson
02-06-2012, 7:50 AM
Thanks for the idea George.....that might work.

I called a local hardwood dealer and the best he could do was a minimum of THREE 8'x4' sheets for about $200 each plus $250 shipping.......only about 90 sq ft more than I need.

Phil Romagano
02-08-2012, 9:39 PM
Hi Ray, I'm new to the forum, as well as new to laser engraving. I'm still trying to fine tune my techniques, and would love a shot at some wood. So far all I've been using is pine and am getting mixed results. I'd gladly post pics for you.