PDA

View Full Version : Need to Do Veneering

Carl Eyman
03-17-2005, 5:50 PM
I am about to start on the desk Lonnie Bird made in FWW Feb - June 2002. Issues 152-154. I can't find figured walnut to saw veneer for the drawers, or a figured board wide enough for the drop board, or anything suitable for the door panels. So I am considering getting some nice figured veneer from Certainly woods and making these pieces out of walnut, but veneering them to enhance their looks.

I don't have a press - vacuum or otherwise; so am looking to do this on a contract basis. Anybody got any ideas? To satisfy the ROS maybe a pm or e-mail would be best for anybody offering his services. If you are recommending a commercial service, I guess it is ok to post here. Here is the picture.

Alan Tolchinsky
03-17-2005, 5:54 PM
Hi Carl, How about just using cauls and clamps and doing it that way? I use a vacumn bag usually but just recently did the caul/clamp method for a couple of drawer fronts. It worked out great. I would have used my vacumn set up but I didn't think it was worth it for such a small job. Good luck on your project; it's going to be a beauty! Alan in Md..