PDA

View Full Version : Got the Wixey installed on my G0454

Rick Alexander
01-28-2012, 8:22 PM
Just thought I'd share how I got it done. Pretty easy once I figured out how to handle it. I decided to put it on the left so it wouldn't get in the way of the existing guage.

Nice that Grizzly had this little pad in a pretty good spot for the top piece. This top bracket comes with the DG.

I had to make a plate for the bottom bracket to attach to. I just drilled an angle bracket with a half inch hole so I can use the bolt that attaches the bottom of the stand to the planer.

Then I just ran the cable under the table and over near the adjustment wheel so I could see the height. I might not be able to leave it here because I'm a little worried I'll mess it up with a board. We'll see - have to give it some more thought.

After calibrating, I found it jives with my caliper perfectly.

I think I'm going to enjoy this a whole bunch. I put a Shelix head in it last year and with the DG now - this is one awesome machine. No more dancing around 1/2 inch and having to readjust my omnijig when the thickness isn't just right.

Stephen Cherry
01-28-2012, 9:03 PM
Looks great!

Van Huskey
01-28-2012, 10:26 PM
That is a great job, have you sent your pics to Wixey, they post a lot of these for people to get ideas from.

Mike Goetzke
01-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Rick - I have the PX version and I attached the gauge a little differently Wixey on 453PX (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?162264-Wixey-Remote-Planer-DRO-on-a-Grizzly-G0453PX-15-quot-Planer&highlight=wixey). I had their other gauge on my benchtop and found this remote gauge much harder to calibrate unless you help it. Can you show or explain how you calibrated it?

Thanks,

Mike