PDA

View Full Version : One touch software to Corel to Lasercut Help.

Chris S Martin
01-27-2012, 9:35 PM
Ok I just got 1 touch software for Christmas. This is one of my first engravings. I'm having a couple of problems though. I process the photo then import it into Corel draw, I export it as a JPEG to my laser as 300 and click export original size, which I have Lasercut 5.3. When I open it up in Lasercut it is not the size I exported in Corel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris S Martin
01-27-2012, 9:37 PM
I also have problems adding text to the picture. When I export it as a jpeg the text does not show up. What format should I export everything to Lasercut, or am I just doing something wrong. Thanks

walter hofmann
01-28-2012, 7:01 AM
Hi there
if you use lasercut you should safe it as BMP and in lasercut import it. thats what I did find out works best.
greetings
walt

I also have problems adding text to the picture. When I export it as a jpeg the text does not show up. What format should I export everything to Lasercut, or am I just doing something wrong. Thanks

Bill Cunningham
01-28-2012, 7:38 PM
I'm assuming the one touch creates a engraving file which would be a 2 bit file,(true black and white) exporting it as a .jpg would ruin that conversion, and convert it to a 8bit greyscale or 24 bit full colour file (even if it still looks like a greyscale file) file.
Export it as a .tif or a .bmp.. As a side note, a true two bit file will look horrible on your screen because your screen is not designed to display them. Don't let that fool you into thinking there is something wrong with the image your seeing. Export it to the laser anyway, it will look fine to the laser..

Duncan Crawford
01-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Chris,

As Bill notes, .bmp or .tif is what you need. In addition, 1-Touch seems to do a color space conversion as well... if I start with a RGB jpg as input, what comes out by default is CMYK. If your Corel working color space happens to be RGB and you import the 1-Touch image as .bmp, you can get some unexpected banding issues. For instance, if you start with a RGB jpg image, as a head/portrait shot with a white background surround, the white in the converted image will not be 'RGB white' when you bring it into Corel, and will in fact engrave, potentially giving light bands or at least little trails of dots. I've had great results with 1-Touch photos on maple and black granite, assuming I remember to ensure matching color space.

duncan