PDA

View Full Version : Used lathe

Ellen Benkin
03-17-2005, 2:27 PM
I'm brand new to turning and I would like to start with a Jet Midi Lathe. I know a lot of turners start with that lathe and trade up, so I assume there are a lot of used lathes out there just waiting for buyers. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find them? Also, what problems should I look for and what would be a good price for a used lathe?

Thanks.

John Shuk
03-17-2005, 3:43 PM
I think alot of those folks like them so much they keep them and have 2 lathes!

Steven Wilson
03-17-2005, 3:50 PM
Visit the various woodworking forums and watch the ads, you may find one but it may take you a few months. Or just buy a new one and keep it when you finally get a large Oneway.

Carole Valentine
03-17-2005, 7:40 PM
Good luck! I have seen very few come up for sale and those went at nearly new prices. I finally bit the bullet and bought a new one. The VS is now on sale for what I paid for my non-VS in December.:( When I get a larger lathe, I will not get rid of my mini.

David Fried
03-17-2005, 9:58 PM
Consider this, too:

http://www.cpowoodworking.com/wood_lathes/la200k.html

Dawn Sunkle
03-18-2005, 8:33 AM
I checked that out. Great deal. However they are out of stock :(
If you click on the main logo it'll take you to their main page and the lathes aren't listed :(

Keep watching though.. they may get more in stock. They are such a good lathe that they don't get alot in to refurbish.

Robert Cox
03-18-2005, 11:29 AM
I get ready to ship when I checked the link just now.

Ellen Benkin
03-18-2005, 3:02 PM
Great site. Thanks for the referral.

John Shuk
03-19-2005, 6:36 AM
What a deal. If you can contact them and see if they will be getting stock in then I'd buy that. Delta makes a nice little lathe.

Ellen Benkin
03-19-2005, 5:38 PM
I called them yesterday and they don't have any lathes and they have no idea when they might get some. So, it's a great price, but the product doesn't exist.