PDA

View Full Version : For those that are good at fixing stuff.

Bruce Boone
01-26-2012, 9:05 PM
Here's my latest laser project. It took some time to dial in, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

Greg Bednar
01-26-2012, 9:14 PM
Bruce - It's simply magnificent!

Mike Chance in Iowa
01-26-2012, 9:39 PM
That is so bleeping awesome! Very cool!

Khalid Nazim
01-26-2012, 9:51 PM
Aw c'mon! How can I be on the same forum as you! This is amazing - like always.

Sandy Henry
01-26-2012, 9:55 PM
Neater than a skeeter! Will you be selling these?

Bruce Boone
01-26-2012, 9:58 PM
I will be selling them. I just put them on my site. It takes quite a while for the laser to burn through, so tons of passes are required. There's also a lot of cleanup in order for it to get to a polish like that. I like that I can both engrave and cut with the laser. That should open the door to lots of new types of designs.

Bruce Dorworth
01-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Bruce, that looks like a ring Tim the toolman Taylor should be wearing. What is the url for your web page? I just may be interested in one of those.

Bruce

Bruce Boone
01-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Tool Time! The ring is in the Laser Inlay Series on wwwdotbooneringsdotcom I'm trying to figure out what else might lend itself to this type of carving. The aspect ratio is pretty long, so it discounts things that are too tall or too thin. It's also tough to finish out all the laser lines, so the design needs to be conducive to finishing as well.

Doug Griffith
01-26-2012, 10:50 PM
I dig it the most!

Mike Chance in Iowa
01-27-2012, 1:58 PM
Tool Time! The ring is in the Laser Inlay Series on wwwdotbooneringsdotcom I'm trying to figure out what else might lend itself to this type of carving. The aspect ratio is pretty long, so it discounts things that are too tall or too thin. It's also tough to finish out all the laser lines, so the design needs to be conducive to finishing as well.

Aarrrrggghh???? Tool Time was so great! I can see a combination wrench as a design. It's even more simple design, but a tool I use more then an adjustable wrench. How about a His & Hers option where the wife has a gem instead of a nut? Another thought is for your horse lovers out there, a bit.

Bruce Boone
01-27-2012, 6:34 PM
Great ideas! Maybe a pipe wrench for the plumbers, calipers for the engineers, etc.

Dan Hintz
01-27-2012, 7:29 PM
Know what would make it even MORE awesome? If the roller actually moved one of the jaws in/out ;)

Nicely done :)

Bruce Boone
01-27-2012, 7:53 PM
That was actually my plan with my wax prototyping machine. I didn't like for the casting part to be out of my hands and have to rely on others for that though. I had the design done up in 3D with just that in mind!

I did sell one of the rings today. This morning, first thing at 8:00, a woman saw my Facebook and called and said she HAD to have one! It was a pinky ring for her. She had worked at a medical supply manufacturer. It all scaled down nicely and looked pretty cool!

Dan Hintz
01-27-2012, 8:50 PM
Bruce,

If you don't mind, send me a friend request on FB for your company page (I don't think anyone else has my name out there).