PDA

View Full Version : New Member - My respects to everyone at SMC

Ken Shoemaker
03-17-2005, 11:41 AM
I'd like to thank all of you at SMC. I've been interested in woodworking for years but never tried it. I stumbled on the "Creek" some weeks ago and can't help but be impressed with the encouragement, insparation, and devotion each shows to the others.

Recently (last Saturday) I purchased a Delta TS 36-680, BS 28-276, DC 50-850, Joiner 37-275X, and Planer 25-580.

The insparation comes from Alan Mikkelsen's Unity Candle, John Scane's Benches, Robby Phelps' Art Deco Reception Desk, and everyone else who produces such awe inspiring works of art from mere "wood".

Sorry for the long winded introduction, but each and everyone of you should be proud of yourselve's not only for your craft but for the spirit you freely share with all who "wade into the creek".

Thank you all..... Ken

David Wilson
03-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Ken

Welcome aboard.

Jim O'Dell
03-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Ken!!! I'm sure you will find lots of inspiration and ideas here, as I have. You are right, there are a bunch of class people here always willing to help, no attitude added.
Looks like you've got a nice core to start making some saw dust. I'll look forward to hearing from you as time goes along. Again, WELCOME! Jim.

Alan Turner
03-17-2005, 11:54 AM
Welcome to SMC.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Welcome aboard, sounds like you are going to have a VERY blue shop. Congrats on all the tools!

Boyd Gathwright
03-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Howdy Ken,

....As you say, come on in the water is just fine in this creek. You will have to tell us about yourself and where you're from and give us a mug shoot. Oh, and you better run fast, for the chief of pics, TYLER, is not far behind :D.

Welcome

Boyd

I'd like to thank all of you at SMC. I've been interested in woodworking for years but never tried it. I stumbled on the "Creek" some weeks ago and can't help but be impressed with the encouragement, insparation, and devotion each shows to the others.

Recently (last Saturday) I purchased a Delta TS 36-680, BS 28-276, DC 50-850, Joiner 37-275X, and Planer 25-580.

The insparation comes from Alan Mikkelsen's Unity Candle, John Scane's Benches, Robby Phelps' Art Deco Reception Desk, and everyone else who produces such awe inspiring works of art from mere "wood".

Sorry for the long winded introduction, but each and everyone of you should be proud of yourselve's not only for your craft but for the spirit you freely share with all who "wade into the creek".

Thank you all..... Ken

Ken Fitzgerald
03-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Ken .....Welcome to the 'Creek! Neat place to exchange information!

John Scane
03-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks Ken!

I'm glad I could inspire you.....that made my day. I'm sure you will find a lot of inspiration from this site, I know I have for the short time I've been a member. Enjoy those new tools and be safe with them.

John

Tyler Howell
03-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Welcome Ken,

I'd say you jumped in with both feet. glad to have you wading in the creek

Von Bickley
03-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Glad to see you in the creek. I'm sure you will enjoy visiting here. :)

Jason Tuinstra
03-17-2005, 1:05 PM
Welcome Ken. This is a great place. I'm sure you know the picture policy by now. Product numbers mean little, we want pictures! :p :D Seriously, glad to have you around.

Bryan Nuss
03-17-2005, 1:17 PM
Welcome, Ken. Glad to have you on board! You'll have lots of fun here and, like all of us, learn something valuable almost every day.

Ken Shoemaker
03-17-2005, 1:53 PM
How do you add the quotes, pictures, etc. to these threads???

Bill Arnold
03-17-2005, 1:58 PM
Ken,

Welcome aboard! I've been a participant in other forums and this is, by far, the most professional.

As to your question about adding :cool: ;) :D :confused: , click on the icons at the side of the editing window. Attachments, etc., are available as you scroll down the screen.

Best Regards,

John Renzetti
03-17-2005, 2:01 PM
Hello Ken, Welcome, there are a lot of good people here. Have fun making things.
take care,
John

larry merlau
03-17-2005, 2:01 PM
as for the adding of pictures and quote's there's a button fo rthe quote and adding picture threw the edit profile area/ also there many on her who can walk you threw it better than i/ welcome to the creek and enjoy your new money pit :D you have now found a spot to put all your extra change :D

Alan Mikkelsen
03-17-2005, 2:15 PM
Welcome, Ken. I've found a lot of inspiration here, too.:)

Mark Singer
03-17-2005, 3:17 PM
Welcome Ken!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Ken Salisbury
03-18-2005, 7:08 AM
http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/flasherhi.gif

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/misc/moderator.gif

Max Schultz
03-18-2005, 7:57 AM
Welcom Ken

I'm sure as time goes by and the more you get to know these guys and gals, you will be greatly impressed with each and everyone's personality and wisdom.
I don't post as often as I should but to steal a line "That is a tough act to follow";) applies to a lot of things I see here daily. Any how visit and post often as we are all here to learn from each other.
Welcome to the Creek
Max Schultz
Warsaw, In

Boyd Gathwright
03-18-2005, 9:46 PM
Hay, That's indecent.

....Like your icon :p:D.

Boyd

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/flasherhi.gif

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/misc/moderator.gif

Robby Phelps
03-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Ken... good to have ya. I have only been a member for a few months and i feel already many great friendships brewing. I am humbled that you mentioned my reception desk. Thank you for the positive encouragment. We all look forward to postings of your projects. Again welcome aboard:D

Corey Hallagan
03-19-2005, 1:11 AM
Welcome to the site, I am pretty new here myself. Some great guys here and some really great woodworkers as well. Sounds like you got a great new line up of tools! Enjoy!
Corey

Dan Forman
03-19-2005, 1:17 AM
Ken---Welcome, from one grizzled veteran to another.

Dan

Silas Smith
03-19-2005, 8:35 AM
Ken, you won't find a better group of people on the net. I still lurk around the other forums, but this is my home. I can ask the most novice questions here and I have always gotten an answer. Being fairly new to woodworking myself (1 year) I would recommend that you read all you can about how to safely use your tools. I wuld say for each tool that I have purchased in the last year I average about 5 hours researching the tool and another 5 hours reading books about how to use the tool. I have avoided some costly mistakes, and more importantly, got through the first year with nothing more than a few small cuts from my chisels. Welcome and be prepared to have this take over your life.

Russ Massery
03-19-2005, 9:48 AM
Welcome Ken, nice to see local guys on SMC! It's great place to share ideas and experence. Seems like you've got a good start on machinery.