PDA

View Full Version : AAW 2011 symposium. Talk about some amazing turners!!!

Bill Wyko
01-26-2012, 5:53 PM
If all goes well, I'll be there this year for my first time. Looking at this video, I think it will be an incredible time for sure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07HRxhGZYqA&list=UUsWtoOxmHieIv3YChX9UlgA&index=2&feature=plcp

Pete Jordan
01-26-2012, 6:00 PM
So you are going to last year's event? Have you turned a time machine?

Steve Schlumpf
01-26-2012, 6:18 PM
Bill - if you get a chance to go... GO! I went to last years' (the one in your video) and it was my first ever AAW event. The turning was amazing but more than that I was thrilled to finally get to meet many of the folks I have been talking with online for years! Seeing as how this event is going to be real close to you - don't miss it! The one in 2013 is in Atlanta - so that would be a heck of a drive!

John M. Smith
01-26-2012, 6:28 PM
I went last year and would greatly recommend any one who gets a chance to go, should go.

Ed Morgano
01-26-2012, 7:14 PM
If all goes well, I'll be there this year for my first time. Looking at this video, I think it will be an incredible time for sure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07HRxhGZYqA&list=UUsWtoOxmHieIv3YChX9UlgA&index=2&feature=plcp

I'll be looking forward to meeting you Bill....and all the rest of you who are going.

Bill Wyko
01-26-2012, 7:47 PM
So you are going to last year's event? Have you turned a time machine?

Pete, you're a funny guy.......but looks aren't everything. JK

Baxter Smith
01-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Hope you get to go Bill! Saint Paul was a great experience and meeting the creekers who went was a highlight. Roomed with the guy who shot those pics. Great guy but hope to room with the wife this year.;):)

Scott Hackler
01-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Bill, there is nothing like the experience of the "big" show! I was in St Paul for my very first symposium or show of any kind and it was really unbelievable. Hope you'll make it and even more...I hope I make it there! We are planning to go to San Jose, but June is a long ways off.

charlie knighton
01-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Bill, by all means go, i made st paul, great experience, and got to meet lot of creekers, not going to make san jose, but atlanta is within driving distance

Alan Trout
01-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Bill,

St. Paul was a great experience for me. I will be in San Jose I already made my room reservation. Hope to see you there.

Alan

Brian Effinger
01-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Hope you get to go Bill! Saint Paul was a great experience and meeting the creekers who went was a highlight. Roomed with the guy who shot those pics. Great guy but hope to room with the wife this year.;):)
His wife! :eek:

Ohhh, you mean YOUR wife. :D Hehehehe

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Baxter Smith
01-26-2012, 11:51 PM
His wife! :eek:

Ohhh, you mean YOUR wife. :D Hehehehe

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
I knew I should have reworded that!:) Actually I did!;)

Bill Wyko
01-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Definitely saw that coming.LMAO I look forward to it. I can save shipping on the American Beauty if I pick it up at the show. SO time to make some money asap.

Jim Burr
01-27-2012, 12:05 PM
If i remember correctly Bill, we have a lunch appointment at this one! (hijack) we are in the opposite direction today...San Diego for my sons graduation from Marine Corp Basic training. He's mad that the first thing I get is a salute! Semper Fi!

Scott Hackler
01-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Definitely saw that coming.LMAO I look forward to it. I can save shipping on the American Beauty if I pick it up at the show. SO time to make some money asap.

Bill, if you are seriously concidering this you need to call Brent RIGHT NOW and reserve one of the demo lathes. They usually get spoken for very quick from folks just like you, wanting to save some $$$$.

Steve Busey
01-27-2012, 12:36 PM
The one in 2013 is in Atlanta Oh! I like the idea of that one! better start saving my pennies!