PDA

View Full Version : I apologize profusely for this picture

Michelle Rich
01-26-2012, 2:52 PM
I believe my camera is dying.:( After this picture all I got was Black. As horrible as the picture is, I wanted to share this spiral HF from a board It may be the first ever!! (at least I have never seen a hollowform from a board with through spirals!)
Hopefully your eyes aren't affected horribly by this picture..if you squint and stand on your head, it's not real bad!!! :D

Dick Wilson
01-26-2012, 2:59 PM
Michele, it is better than some of my pics. Now, I want to know how you make a HF from a board......only thing I can think of is blued staves. Fess up!!! I really like the piece.

Michelle Rich
01-26-2012, 3:11 PM
blued staves? honest to pete, I have never blued a stave in my whole life!!!:D ROTHFL isn't blueing a stave illegal in all 50 states?:D nope, it's a bowl from a board, with rings, just like normal!

steven carter
01-26-2012, 3:22 PM
Wow! Your camera may be dying, but your skills are certainly not. I really like this one!

Jeremy Leasure
01-26-2012, 3:50 PM
Very cool, what the heck do you use to carve these things out?

Steve Mawson
01-26-2012, 3:52 PM
I still see the form so picture must be ok. That is pretty neat. I suspect if you started advertising a demo of this process you could command big bucks for demo days at turning clubs. I know I would come.

Bill Wyko
01-26-2012, 4:06 PM
Bad picture or not, That is one cool spiral turning. Another winner in my book, thanks for sharing it.

Robert McGowen
01-26-2012, 4:08 PM
Very nice. I can't even see the rings.

Doug W Swanson
01-26-2012, 4:10 PM
Great looking piece, Michelle!

Michelle Rich
01-26-2012, 4:47 PM
thanks Steve, very lovely comment.

neil mackay
01-26-2012, 5:35 PM
Michelle atleast you have an excuse, your camera is dying. Heck I take pictures like that with a perfectly good camera.:)

James Combs
01-26-2012, 6:04 PM
Very nice. I can't even see the rings.

I'm with Robert, I can see any rings either. Supper nice spiral turning.

Bob Bergstrom
01-26-2012, 6:20 PM
I really like how you have the grain running in the opposite direction of the spiral. I can't believe that came out of one board. Just a beautiful job of turning it. You must be part engineer to get it all right.

Steve Schlumpf
01-26-2012, 6:21 PM
Wow - what an interesting form! The fact that you turned this from a board is just icing on the cake! Very nice work Michelle! Love the imagination! So... what kind of camera are you looking at picking up next??

Michelle Rich
01-26-2012, 6:29 PM
Steve: I don't know cameras from carbunkles! the one I've had is a 99.00 point & shoot., Nikon It squishes everything! but I know nothing of fancy cameras. I will have to save up a spell, just to buy a relatively cheap one. Any suggestions for a camera idiot?

Roland Martin
01-26-2012, 7:51 PM
Are you calling Steve an idiot, he just gave you a nice compliment!!:D Seriously, Michelle, the glueup is perfect and the piece is amazing.

John Keeton
01-26-2012, 8:38 PM
Michelle, this idea came together quite well!! I like it - nice upward lift from the spiral, good form with contrast in the finial. Great work!!

Baxter Smith
01-26-2012, 9:33 PM
I can see why your camera gave up after taking a single picture of it. I would have given up before even trying to attempt it!;):)

BILL DONAHUE
01-26-2012, 9:55 PM
Holy makkel dere Andy! I can't even imagine how you can imagine coming up with that. I hope you sell your pieces and that you do well because you don't have any competition. This is so unique that it would be difficult for anyone to copy. Too cool!

Don Alexander
01-26-2012, 10:17 PM
supercool piece and excellent execution as per usual :)

Tony Wheeler
01-27-2012, 1:18 AM
very nice job what is the wood Im working on the same lines soon as I finish building the jig hope I have your luck I was planning on working is ash

Dick Wilson
01-27-2012, 8:49 AM
Sorry Michele, I was obviously having a senior moment:(:(:(. I never equated your piece to segmented processes........rings glued one on top of another......duh....what a novel concept:(:(:(. Anyway, it is a lovely piece. Being a flatboarder in another life before turning I have accrued hundreds of board feet of various woods that are being unused in my garage. Oh my, now I will have even a harder time accepting logs:(:(:(.

Michelle Rich
01-27-2012, 9:04 AM
good morning dick. Senior moments are a daily occurance for me, so I understand totally!!! I've made these bowls from a board for 20?yrs..they were my best sellers for years. cheap to produce & can get great color in them. enjoy the day

Michelle Rich
01-27-2012, 9:05 AM
Bill D. now this is a comment that warms the cockels of my heart. Feel free to comment again, any time!!! :-)