PDA

View Full Version : Ribbed Step Pulley Sources Other than PM/Jet/Rikon???

Dick Strauss
01-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Folks,
My original post wasn't clear and I apologize. It wasn't meant to sound like a WTB ad but may have come across that way. I figured if anyone knew where to find step pulleys it would be the turners group since lathes are one of the few WW tools that use them. John Keeton was nice enough to point out the issue and help me make it more clear. Once again, kudos to our moderators for helping us to make this a great site!

With that said, let's try again. I've been looking for a set of 3-5 step mutli-ribbed pulleys/sheaves to replace the original V-pulleys on my Vega 24 bowl lathe. The originals have too much runout causing some vibration and the pulleys don't have enough extra material to allow them to be re-turned to make them run true. I'd prefer to get the ribbed pulleys for their operational smoothness. PM/Jet/Rikon websites want close to $300 for the pair...ouch! Maska stepped CI V-pulleys run about $100 for the set which isn't bad at all. Is anyone aware of any other retail/wholesale sources other than lathe manufacturers for ribbed step pulleys?

Thanks in advance,
Dick