PDA

View Full Version : Piercing at It's Best....

Wally Dickerman
01-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Do you want to see piercing to aspire to? Check out the latest J Paul Fennell piece on WoW. When you see work like that and realize that just one mistake and well,........

Scott Hackler
01-26-2012, 10:32 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with Wally. Paul's work is very impressive in pictures but in person....WOW. There are a handfull of "master piercers" and he leads the pack in my opinion. This latest piece is facinating because of the complex / intricate design. Not your typical random patterns.

If you can't get on WoW or aren't a member, just google J. Paul Fennell.

Bill Bolen
01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
How the heck did I miss that?? Breath taking to say the least.

Dan Forman
01-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Yup, pretty incredible. The man must have nearly infinite patience, and a steady hand as well.

Dan

Bill Wyko
01-26-2012, 4:09 PM
How about a link, I can't find it. Thanks.

Ed Morgano
01-26-2012, 4:26 PM
http://www.myfamily.com/exec?c=content&htx=view&siteid=G6kOAI&contentid=ZZZZYKFY&contentclass=PICT . That's the link. That is amazing!

Bill Wyko
01-26-2012, 4:40 PM
Wouldn't let me see w/o signing up. Any other place I can see it?

Jake Helmboldt
01-26-2012, 5:11 PM
Yup, pretty incredible. The man must have nearly infinite patience, and a steady hand as well.

Dan

Yeah, looking at his website makes my head hurt thinking about trying to do that work. Bill, go to his site for a view of his gallery. I don't know if it has the latest that is on WoW, but there is plenty of WOW on his site. http://www.jpaulfennell.com/Gallery.html

Bill Wyko
01-26-2012, 5:15 PM
HOLY SMOKES!!! Absolutely amazing. I have to try something like that some day. What an inspiration!! Just reminds me that I'm still a rookie.

Steve Schlumpf
01-26-2012, 6:26 PM
Amazing work... for sure! If folks are interested in piercing - I also recommend checking out Mike Foster (http://breezyhillturning.com/). Another of those - how did he do that - type of turners!

John M. Smith
01-26-2012, 6:43 PM
Just checked out Mike Fosters site. Totally amazing.

Wally Dickerman
01-26-2012, 7:21 PM
As long as we're talking about other piercing masters, check out Gordon Pembridge. He is a NZ turner who was an excellent painter before he was a turner. He not only does unbelievable piercing work but includes wonderful colors. He may be my favorite.

Jake Helmboldt
01-26-2012, 8:09 PM
As long as we're talking about other piercing masters, check out Gordon Pembridge. He is a NZ turner who was an excellent painter before he was a turner. He not only does unbelievable piercing work but includes wonderful colors. He may be my favorite.

I'm inclined to say these guys are masters of sanding as well. I think the tedium of that kind of detail sanding would make me loony!

Baxter Smith
01-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Kind of reminds me theres a whole other world out there!

Sid Matheny
01-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Some of these look like mission impossible in my mind!

Sid

Bill Wyko
01-27-2012, 6:53 PM
I finally saw that georgous piece. What an amazing work of art. What really caught me off gaurd was, I thought of a Hindu temple. Turns out it was a sort of inspiration for the piece. Imediately the mind starts doing the math and thinking about what tools would be necessary. I have a little air file that came to mind first.