PDA

View Full Version : Realtor in Mesa AZ area?? Plus meanderings.

Rick Potter
01-26-2012, 3:57 AM
My aunt passed away Christmas day, at age 91. My brother and I have to clear out her house, and sell it. Does anyone know a good realtor in the Mesa AZ area??

We spent 10 days there this month, and are going back again in February. Maybe by March we will be ready. It's a small house, but packed with things that are not valuable in dollars, but rich in family history, like a vintage dollar bill that was given to my Grandfather by his father in 1916.

I know I am going waay of the topic of this query, but I found newspaper clippings featuring my Uncle. He left Cleveland to join the RCAF before we got into the war. Flew 102 missions in Spitfires and Hurricanes during the Battle of Britian. Got shot down over the English Channel, and picked up by a boat. Then somehow ended up in the RAF, doing the same stuff. When the US got into the war, he was told to join the Army Air Corps or lose his citizenship. He flew for them, ending up flying out of India to protect bombers attacking the Japanese in Nanking (?). When the war ended he flew transports for Nationalist China till 1948 when they went to Formosa (Taiwan). Oh yeah, he got called back up for Korea too.

Forgive me for rambling, but I thought it was an interesting story. It included pics of the Lady Marion, his fighter plane in India, named for his girlfriend who was NOT my aunt.

Anyway.....a realtor???

Rick Potter

Peter Stahl
01-26-2012, 6:50 AM
A lot of great history there to be proud of Rick. Sorry don't know any realtors.

Lee Ludden
01-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Check your PM's

Rick Potter
01-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Thank you Lee, I will give him a call.

Rick P

Don Jarvie
01-26-2012, 2:04 PM
Save all this stuff Rick and save it for your kids.

Rick Potter
01-27-2012, 2:55 AM
Don't worry Don,

That is why it's taking so long to go through. We don't want to miss anything important, and it all goes to various members of the family. Just found a 2 cent piece in her coin collection, along with four silver dollars from the 1880's. This was in a tin egg box, covered by antique hair curlers.

Rick Potter

Marshall Brown
02-01-2012, 1:20 AM
Hello Rick, I am from Mesa, AZ and I know of a great Realtor that would love to help you. I have used him myself for a couple of transactions and he has been amazing. Subsequently I have referred him to other family and friends that have had great experiences with him also. His name is Destry Lunt, #480-223-2074, or destrylunt@gmail.com. I know he will do a great job for you.

Thank you for sharing your story about your Aunts belongings. Those items are such a treasure.

Enjoy your time here in AZ, the weather has been amazing!