PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw X5 Upgrade $134.10

Martin Boekers
01-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Corel has a 1 day special for X5 upgrade $134.10 (you have to put in the shopping cart
to see that price) A big discount on the full version too. If you want training they have the "Unleashed disc on
sale for about $30 also.

Corel has a web page creator. It's cheap enough, has any one used it and have opinions to share?

Thanks!

Dan Hintz
01-25-2012, 11:06 AM
And the full (boxed) version is $314 in the cart (shows as $350 until you hit the "purchase" button)... cheapest I've ever seen it.

Martin Boekers
01-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Can X6 be far behind?

Ross Moshinsky
01-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Web page creators are helpful but still don't do the work for you. I'm in the middle of redoing our website and I'm easily up to 40 hours and I'm only about half done.

That said, you could do a simple 5-6 page website in 5-10 hours with something like a Corel webpage creator. The trick is really finding a good template to start with. If you can do that, it makes things a lot easier.

Dan Hintz
01-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Can X6 be far behind?
Yes... if Corel sticks to their 3 years per version schedule, X6 (or whatever they decide to call it) won't be out for another 2 years.

Web page creators are helpful but still don't do the work for you. I'm in the middle of redoing our website and I'm easily up to 40 hours and I'm only about half done.

That said, you could do a simple 5-6 page website in 5-10 hours with something like a Corel webpage creator. The trick is really finding a good template to start with. If you can do that, it makes things a lot easier.
Yeah, a good template is always the biggest roadblock, and it's something guys like me (without artistic skill) need.

Want to change my page, Ross? :D It's all LEDs right now, but it should be laser engraving and woodturning...

Martin Boekers
01-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks Ross, I'm not a programing geek, but I really need to have a web presence.
I have tossed around the web page and even something like this. (I think I'll start another thread
on this). Check this out and let me know your thoughts.

www.keeptrees.com/ (http://www.keeptrees.com/)

Marty

Ross Moshinsky
01-25-2012, 12:22 PM
<Moved to the Web Presence thread>

Dan Hintz
01-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Martin,

I like the idea of KeepTrees, but as a consumer it can be a real pain. Other similar works I've seen require a net connection to view the e-catalogs (it's grabbing a permission ID each time so they can not only track you, they can track how many times it's being opened, etc.). A PDF is always better in that regard, IMHO, as not only is no net connection required, it's a known quantity that doesn't invade my privacy. KeepTrees may be different, I couldn't tell with my cursory glance at their site.