PDA

View Full Version : Corian Tiles

Luann Brainard
01-24-2012, 3:13 AM
I need to bid a job for 20 engraved corian tiles for a memorial wall. I can't find a supplier for the tiles. Do most go directly to the corian distributor? Do the fabricate the size you need? Would I need to use the tile cermark for these to have the show up well?
Thanks for any info...

Mike Null
01-24-2012, 6:28 AM
Luann

Do a search here on Corian and you will find considerable reading and pictures.

You're probably going to have to find a maker of countertops to cut the Corian to size for you. You cannot use Cermark on Corian. Color filling is an option as is sublimation.

Ken Dolph
01-24-2012, 7:07 AM
I need to bid a job for 20 engraved corian tiles for a memorial wall. I can't find a supplier for the tiles. Do most go directly to the corian distributor? Do the fabricate the size you need? Would I need to use the tile cermark for these to have the show up well?
Thanks for any info...

Just use Google.

This is what I found

I hope this helps

Chuck Stone
01-24-2012, 9:33 AM
hit the local Yellow Pages and find out who makes kitchen/bath countertops
as Mike mentioned. Stop by and ask them about scraps.. especially the double
sink cut-outs. Chances are they'll even help you load up your vehicle, since
you'd be saving them the cost of disposal.
Corian works well on the band saw, table saw, router, sanders etc. Just make
sure you can get rid of the dust it kicks up. Wet sand with a little dish soap
as a lubricant.. it polishes up nicely.

Scott Shepherd
01-24-2012, 9:52 AM
Or click on "Friends of the Creek" at the top of the page and find someone near you that can help cut them for you.

Mark Sipes
01-26-2012, 6:40 PM
Are you trying to match an existing display or is this a new job...........Any large city will have the countertop fabricators that can help you..... finding a particular color or pattern will be your challenge. Most material I have seen is 1/2 inch thick and cuts well with a table saw. Engrave the message, paint fill and lightly sand and polish. I use a lot of corian for outdoor "pet" markers......

John Edgerton
01-26-2012, 11:10 PM
If you need a specific color, I believe they sell the 2"x2" and 4"x4" samples in any color they currently sell. The samples are beveled on all corners and printed on the back (easily removed with sand paper).

John

Thomas Baranowski
01-30-2012, 2:33 PM
You can order any color of Corian tiles direct from here http://www2.dupont.com/Surfaces/en_US/products/corian/pr_corian_colors.html , this will work if you can use 10" x 10" , 4"x 4" or 2"x2" tiles. I have ordered often from them and never had issues on ordering "samples" when my order is often 20-40 of a single color.
Just click on the color and size you want, number needed and add to your cart. It can be expensive shipping so I would make sure to order what you need. The edges are usually routed to a semi round so if you need then strait and square you would have less work going through someone local to cut them for you.

Tom

walter hofmann
01-30-2012, 4:29 PM
hi there
what size you need?? try here
http://sanjacstuff.com/
greetings
walt

Thanks for any info...

Doug Novic
02-01-2012, 8:14 PM
An area top shop (counter tops) should be willing to help you. Introduce your self to them. Also tell them that you can cut their logo or company name in the corian and they will become freindly and thus barter is born. As for color... use corians colorfill epoxy kits. Many colors to select from and the results are great. I have been making corian dust since 1972 and it's more fun to laser it.