PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Spirit...

James Combs
01-24-2012, 12:59 AM
...still seems to be around. Saw a birdhouse posted earlier and another given as a gift with some great "packing material" so I though I might as well post my latest.

From LtoR:
BLM on Mulberry 4.5", Plum on BLM Burl 3.5"(lots of coffee here), Poplar on UnKnowood 5"(Chinese pallet wood)
all finished with shellac as a primer/sealer then two coats of Deft RC Lacquer.

C&C appreciated.

Michelle Rich
01-24-2012, 7:46 AM
adorable trio

Bill Bulloch
01-24-2012, 7:55 AM
Those look nice. Tell us about those little hangers you are using, did you make them and how?

Roger Chandler
01-24-2012, 8:02 AM
Very nice, JD............I like your idea for a perch on the left one......sort of a patio around the house.........cool! Those are really cute!

James Combs
01-24-2012, 10:16 AM
adorable trio
Thanks Michelle.

Very nice, JD............I like your idea for a perch on the left one......sort of a patio around the house.........cool! Those are really cute!
Thanks Roger, After I finished the left one I thought I would do another and place the "patio" up a little higher, kind of like Saturn's Rings...we will see...

Those look nice. Tell us about those little hangers you are using, did you make them and how?
Thanks Bill. I make the hooks out of gold colored craft wire using just a pair of needle nose pliers. You can find the wire in a variety of colors and sizes at craft & hobby stores.

Doug W Swanson
01-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Very nice, James. My favorite is the middle one but they are all well done!