PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly band saw tires and support ,,,what a dissapointment...

Dave Torro
01-23-2012, 3:04 PM
I have a G0566 21" grizzly that i bought in july of 08. The tires failed unexpectently when i went to use it the other day. Mind you this band saw has seen "VERY LIGHT" use since i purchased it. I have always removed the tension after every use and babied it. The tires are now cracked and brittle. i called customer service to see if they have had any problems with these tires and if they would replace them. They said they couldn't and try tech support. called tech support and got the same run around, told them" do you think its right for the tires to last only a few years under very little use and to have cracked?" the answer, NO, but its pass one year and there hands are tied, they didn't even want a picture of my tires to see if i possibly got a bad batch, or just for there knowledge base.

ps,
i have a 50 year old atlas 14" that still has the tires on it when i bought it used 25 years ago, and this band saw was used a lot more then this grizzly. Contacted suffolk machinery and they say they have been getting a lot of calls lately regarding grizzly band saw tires failing and they are going to be stocking tires now "mainly because of complaints like this".

Paul Johnstone
01-23-2012, 4:12 PM
Well, at least it looks like you have a lead on replacement tires. Sorry you had to go through this. Sure seems like they are cutting corners to improve the bottom line.

Andrew Joiner
01-23-2012, 5:09 PM
I have the 5 HP version of the same saw. I got it new on 04/13/2009. Very light use and the tires have no cracks. They have the dark (dirt) ring on the crown but other than that they're almost like new.

Did you clean the wheels with any solvents? Did you cut any unusual materials?
My tires are bright yellow, what color are yours?

Bruce Page
01-23-2012, 5:46 PM
I agree that the tires should last more than 3 or 4 years but for whatever reason yours did not. Expecting a company to replace a limited life item that is multiple years out of warranty is unreasonable.

I think your point has been made. I see no beneficial reason for this thread to remain open.