PDA

View Full Version : Casmate Sofrware

Bobby Donald
01-23-2012, 12:25 AM
For years I used Casmate to do sign writing. I am very familiar with Casmate and was wondering if I can use it on my Epilog Helix.
I am after an updated version of casmate that will work with Win7.
Anyone have a copy for sale or know where I can get a copy from.
Love this site, visit nearly every day. I am a picture framer & do some sign writing as well. Use my laser for picture frames and plaques etc. and have developed a lot of ideas from all the great contributions on this great site. Thank you to everyone :)

Mike Null
01-23-2012, 8:21 AM
Why don't you put in a call to Epilog tech support and ask if that software will work. I know there is a later version of Engravlab, which is a Signlab derivative, that can be used with some lasers. Dongle required.

Michael Kowalczyk
01-23-2012, 2:48 PM
Hey Bobby,
I have Scanvec's Machine Shop (hold it I have to dust it of a bit) and it came with Casmate Pro 6.5. Don't know if they even support it anymore. Last I heard about 8+- years ago they stopped making it and Enroute pro and Flexisign Pro replaced it. go here for more info. http://www.saintl.biz/
Since it was based on the late 1990's architecture I doubt it would run efficiently on a win 7 platform and I would suggest just getting a laptop or simple older Pentium PC that runs win XP or even WIN 2000 if your laser will talk to it or even trading it in towards something made in the 21st century.

Please fill out your signature page so we know what you got and where you are. It helps people answer your questions better.

Oh and Welcome to the Creek.

Thanks and ...

Ernie Balch
01-23-2012, 4:46 PM
I never got Casmate running on XP (the dongle was not compatible).

We still have Casmate running on an old Windows 98 system. We have a vinyl cutter on it and have to use floppy disks to move data back and forth. We bought inspire right before they abandoned it also. Inspire crashed even more often than Casmate so we gave up moved to XP and started using Signlab with the Gerber Edge and cutter. We use Vector graphics Aspire for the router and Corel x4 for the laser.

Bobby Donald
01-25-2012, 3:02 AM
Thankyou for your replies I guess I will have to plod along with the good 'ol version of casmate on 'Win98 for the sign cutting meantime swat up on corel draw for the lasering.
What I can't work out on corel is how to join to separated lines together. On casmate it was real easy.

Rodne Gold
01-25-2012, 4:10 AM
Why not use Corel on both machines , we have a roland print plot machine and corel works real well with it. I had casmate many years ago , a dos version , but you cant import or do anything with the CSV files...

Mike Null
01-25-2012, 6:57 AM
Under the arrange menu in Corel find "join curves". That should do what you want.