PDA

View Full Version : Suppliers...

Jimmy L Taylor
01-23-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm looking for some info. Where is everyone buying your acrylic sheets and wood sheets at in the USA? I have seen laserbits and colorado heirloom. Are there others that I should be looking at?

Gary Hair
01-23-2012, 12:57 AM
For acrylic I'd check locally at a MultiCraft or Tap. They won't be the cheapest but they are close. Online check delvies.com, they have great prices and lots to choose from. As for wood, you won't find much better quality product and/or customer service.

Gary

Mike Null
01-23-2012, 8:18 AM
You should check out George Perzel, a SMC member for wood. He has good quality and good prices.

Martin Boekers
01-23-2012, 1:56 PM
Do a search under scroll saw wood,

I use these guys for variety and wider sizes.

http://ocoochhardwoods.com/scroll_saw_lumber.php

Ross Moshinsky
01-23-2012, 2:22 PM
If you don't need 4x8 sheets of acrylic, the best source can be buying pieces from another local business. We've had good luck buying acrylic from a local company who does a lot of plastic fabrication.

Larry Bratton
01-23-2012, 5:21 PM
I'm looking for some info. Where is everyone buying your acrylic sheets and wood sheets at in the USA? I have seen laserbits and colorado heirloom. Are there others that I should be looking at?
Where are you located Jimmy? For full sheets of acrylic, cut to size, I use Interstate Plastics or Piedmont Plastics in Atlanta. Also, for small 12 x 24 pieces of cast, clear and colored, I use Sloan's Wood Shop in Tenn. She also carries hardwood and baltic birch plywood.

Ed Maloney
01-23-2012, 6:18 PM
I use Delvies for 1.5mm thin acrylic and Estreet Plastics for 3mm. Estreet ships faster than Delvies, but they don't stock the 1.5mm.