View Full Version : Miniture Birdhouse

Donny Lawson
01-22-2012, 7:18 PM
This is one I made today from a few scraps laying around the shop. It's made from Cherry and Maple. The finish is spray lacqure. It's 2" tall.

Jim Burr
01-22-2012, 8:31 PM
You guys that start 11 months ahead of time just kill me! Looks sweet!

Bill Bulloch
01-22-2012, 9:52 PM
Looks good Donny. Jim must think that the birdhouse is only displayed on Christmas Trees. I don't think he realizes that they when they come with a stand they are displayed on all year around -- some people collect them. I sell some every month at the Art Center Gift Shop.

Steve Schlumpf
01-23-2012, 7:43 AM
That looks really nice Donny! I especially like the color contrast and the 'white' roof gives it a hint of snow! Course that could be just my perception because snow is all I see around here at the moment!

Steve Mawson
01-23-2012, 8:19 AM
Nice house, like the stand wire. Is it stranded copper wire? if so what gauge? House reminds me of a bumble bee a little bit.

Donny Lawson
01-23-2012, 8:10 PM
Nice house, like the stand wire. Is it stranded copper wire? if so what gauge? House reminds me of a bumble bee a little bit.

Steve, The stand is where i need help. It's just some copper wire I had laying around. It's not a stand i would put out in public but it serves the purpose for my pics. I would like to see some good stand pics for some ideas. This is only my second birdhouse I've made and it seems fun. My daughter said she wanted to try her hand at one. Thats a first.

Steve Mawson
01-23-2012, 8:15 PM
My daughter said she wanted to try her hand at one. Thats a first.

By all means let her have a go at one. I have seen stands made from bronze brazing rod, believe they come in different diameters. Some folks use a jig to form the shape.