PDA

View Full Version : Jet mini trouble

Mike Tilley
01-22-2012, 6:11 PM
Decided to turn some bottle stoppers while waiting on other projects so went to my JET 1014VS which i haven't used for awhile when i tried to stop it with the VS knob to look at the blank it slowed down but would not stop. It keeps turning maybe 100 or so RPM's any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Don Alexander
01-22-2012, 6:27 PM
thats what the off switch is for

John Fabre
01-22-2012, 6:52 PM
Decided to turn some bottle stoppers while waiting on other projects so went to my JET 1014VS which i haven't used for awhile when i tried to stop it with the VS knob to look at the blank it slowed down but would not stop. It keeps turning maybe 100 or so RPM's any ideas as to what might be wrong?
Mike, flip the toggle switch to off to stop the lathe, the speed control knob is used for slowing down or speeding up the lathe.

Eric Holmquist
01-22-2012, 7:09 PM
Are you sure the VS knob has shut it down in the past? Typically the controller is programmed for some minimum speed to prevent overheating the motor.

Jim Burr
01-22-2012, 8:34 PM
I know the 1642 stops with the VS full to the left...does the 1014 VS do the same thing or does it slow to minimum speed? I be tempted to use the "Stop Me" switch.

Mike Tilley
01-22-2012, 8:47 PM
Jim in the past it has always turned the speed all the way off which I liked. When sanding it was handy to speed up a little or shut it off. Not sure what is wrong I don't use it much anymore just for small things but I always liked that feature.

Harry Robinette
01-22-2012, 9:02 PM
Mike
Blow out the controler with some air and you might have to clean the contacts.