PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up Trip Report Arizona

Jerry Olexa
03-16-2005, 3:17 PM
So many of you helped me w good advice re our trip to Phoenix last week. Special thanks to Michael Ballent who provided much detailed help!
For the trip itself, I came down with a cold 2 days prior to departure and decided to tough it out and that the Sun of Arizona would "bake it out". We had great weather! All 6 days were sunny and in the 80's! (Big change from snowy Illinois)! I was in the pool and hot tub almost daily but the cold hung around. (I still have it today- almost 2 weeks later). We did meet up w friends in the Tuscon area and found he was a WWer. They had just returned from Hawaii where he had ordered and shipped some beautiful woods for turning @ $75/bd foot!? Scottsdale and Phoenix are impressive and growing! Its changed much since our last trip there a few years ago.Must admit the weather is seductive and we enjoyed the city and restaurants, shopping (new Kierland area) and our hotel, the Renaissance on Scottsdale Rd, etc, etc. Didn't do much WW related things and back here, we had a few new challenges. Anyway, Thanks to all for your help and input. It was a great trip (cough!) Took a few pics but don't want to put you to sleep. Tyler pls forgive! I wasn't surrounded by pretty sailing girls like you...:cool: :D :)

Rich Konopka
03-16-2005, 4:35 PM
Hey Jerry,

Glad to hear you got out of the snow and in the sun. I was in Phoenix last week for Business :( Unfortunately, I did get outside at lunch every day and managed to have dinner outside in Olde Town Scottsdale.

When I left Connecticut it was 23 and snowing.

When I came back late Friday it was still snowing and cold.

Ughhhhh

Chris Padilla
03-16-2005, 4:42 PM
Jerry,

Uhm, what does the F/U stand for?? Seems kinda naughty but I can figure it out because obviously it is not! :)

Did you mean "Field Trip"??? :)

Tyler Howell
03-16-2005, 4:52 PM
I think follow up will work here, but I don't see any pix:confused:
It must not have happened

JayStPeter
03-16-2005, 5:09 PM
Jerry,

Uhm, what does the F/U stand for?? Seems kinda naughty but I can figure it out because obviously it is not! :)

I had to think about it for a minute myself. But, I think F = Follow here :cool:

Sounds like a good trip. Thanks for the "F"ollow "U"p

Jay

Jerry Olexa
03-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Jerry,

It was meant as "Follow up". Memories of my business days when after a field trip you wrote a follow up trip report. See how pure my intentions were?:D I can see how now how it might look (to naughty minds:D) :) :cool: Anyway, good trip!

Jeff Sudmeier
03-17-2005, 8:25 AM
Jerry,

Glad to hear you had a good time! Ever time LOML and I go somewhere warm it is tempting to stay. I would miss the seasons though. About this time of year I am sick of them, bring on summer! :)

Darren Ford
03-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Jeff, we have seasons here in the south.

During what you would call "winter", its chilly and beautiful here, during your spring, its warm and beautiful, your "summer" is our hot and beautiful time, and while you are hording nuts and firewood for the harsh winter, we are basking in a purely beautiful autumn.

Jerry Olexa
03-17-2005, 2:16 PM
I think follow up will work here, but I don't see any pix:confused:
It must not have happened
:) In response to Tyler's request, attached a few photos to verify we actually "went". Didn't take many pics but : Mountain in background is Cambleback, weather was beautiful, woman w me is my wife and that pic was taken be a passer-by. (The only pic of me on trip!). Great trip! Enjoy the photos!:D :) :cool:

Tyler Howell
03-17-2005, 7:22 PM
Nice Gloat.

How was the golf??

Jerry Olexa
03-17-2005, 9:21 PM
Tyler, No golf this trip. Just enjoyed the sunshine we miss up north.:) :cool: Snowed here today (Illinois)

Jerry Olexa
03-20-2005, 11:51 PM
You guys surprised me! After all the hoopla over F/U and Follow up and then, no pics, I was easily "left off the hook"! I expected much yanking of chain! And a strange silence followed. Anyway, back to the shop. I did note the F/U did get changed in the title to its proper followup.:D :confused: :cool: :)

Thomas Wyatt
03-23-2005, 8:02 AM
Jerry you came to Phoenix at a good time. We have had more rain and clouds then sun the past couple months. Camelback mountain is green in your pictures. Give it another month or two and it will be back to its normal "Arizona green" ie a nice shade of brown. :eek:

Living here for 30+ years I know of what is to come. Bring on the heat, I have a feeling we will have a hot one this year. *breaks out the oven pads for driving* :cool:

Glad you enjoyed your visit.