PDA

View Full Version : Where to visit in Spokane?

Rob Wong
01-22-2012, 2:35 AM
I will be in Spokane at the ending of February. Is there any woodworking places there to visit? Schools that give classes? Good stores? We don't have anything here on the Big Island of Hawaii so I'm easily impressed and pleased.

Thanks,
Rob

Ken Fitzgerald
01-22-2012, 9:08 AM
The Woodcraft Store there is very good. The owners, Nick and Rosemary...nice folks. If you want to look at a fairly good selection of wood go to Windsor Plywood. Google it for a map. I understand there are 2 stores but I have only been to the Windsor Plywood store that's located near the fair grounds. They have an excellent selection of wood.

Ryan Mooney
01-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Not exactly wood working related... but the last time I was there (3? years ago?) the army surplus store there was one of the "real" ones with all the good stuff. Was a nice way to kill an afternoon anyway.

When I lived there years ago I seem to recall there being a fairly good number of wood supply stores (or maybe it just seemed like a lot having moved from the wilds of B.C. :D), unfortunately that was a long time ago and I don't remember what any of them were.

David Werkheiser
01-22-2012, 6:24 PM
Not a store or a school and not sure if its open this time of year, but check out the restored carousel at the Spokane city park.
The hand carved horses are some of the finest in the world. Spokane is a clean city set up for winter shopping with interconecting bridges between buildings. Someday I hope to get back there.
David

Bob Landel
01-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Again not related to woodworking, my mother in law lives there; 92 and going strong! I visit every so often. Nice to hear kind words about the area. I will pass them on to my wife.