PDA

View Full Version : Tools from Harbor Freight

Chris Barnett
01-21-2012, 4:46 PM
Am confused!!! Was there previously a forum on this site that discussed Harbor FReight tools, and perhaps other tool sources as well, not sure about that. I distinctly remember reading threads regarding the pros and cons of HF tools, but it is possible that the forum was elsewhere, and if so, I have lost track of it.

So, two questions: (1) was that forum here (might still be here but not readily evident to me) (2) if anyone knows where it is, would appreciate the info on where (by PM if against any rules).

Greg Cuetara
01-21-2012, 5:03 PM
Chris,
I don't ever remember there being a specific forum devoted to HF tools on the creek. There is a lot of talk about them in the general WW forum and I am sure a few searches might produce what you are looking for.

Greg

Dan Hintz
01-21-2012, 7:19 PM
No specific forum, but there have been a few threads about the pros/cons of HF tools. I don't believe it was in the Off Topic forum, though, more likely the General Woodworking or Workshop forum.

Jon McElwain
01-21-2012, 7:22 PM
I've been around for two or three years and have no recollection of a Harbor Freight forum. It does not seem like something this site would have.

Chris Barnett
01-21-2012, 8:00 PM
Figured it out....and thanks so much for bearing with me. It was not here but a welding forum where I scrounge needed info. I looked at the various forums which I visit but overlooked that one (was in the far upper-right in desktop :D. Nonetheless, thanks for your help and sorry if I wasted your time :o.
Chris

Mike Cutler
01-21-2012, 8:00 PM
No specific forum per se, but their have ben individual threads concerning specific tools/equipment from Harbor Freight that have worked well for folks.
IIRC their pneumatic nailers and spray painting equipment were favorably reviewed.
The only tool I have from HF is a brake caliper kit, and it works just fine.