PDA

View Full Version : All American Clothing Co.

Dave Lehnert
01-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Anyone do business with the All American Clothing Co? The prices are not any more expensive than sports logo type stuff that is imports. They say fabric and everything used to make the clothing is USA made. I did a search on the address and if Google Maps is correct it comes back to a farm. Just want to make sure this place is legit.

www (dot) allamericanclothing (Dot) com

Dave Stuve
01-21-2012, 11:34 AM
We've bought some shirts and jeans from them - nice stuff, and I'm a big fan of buying US made goods.

Sam Murdoch
01-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Great company. I've bought all my jeans and pullovers from them for the last 2 years. Good prices, excellent rugged jeans that fit well, and great customer service. I highly recommend.

Joe Angrisani
01-21-2012, 1:13 PM
....Good prices.....

Really? $50 for a pair of jeans?

glenn bradley
01-21-2012, 1:33 PM

Yeah, they'll have to fix that $43 for a pair of shorts thing.

Greg Peterson
01-21-2012, 1:53 PM

Eddie Bauer - Classic Fit Five-Pocket Jeans $49.95 - $54.95

Kalvin Klein - Calvin Klein Jeans Men's Washed Sky Bootcut Jean $49.50

Levi's - 550 Relaxed Fit $40-$50 (price range posted on JCPenny's site)

Even a regular pair of 501's will set you back well north of $30 if you pay full retail.

$50 for a pair of nice jeans, not work jeans, is a pretty competitive price. The trendy or fashionable jeans are upwards to three times that price or more.

I don't get it myself, but all in all, $50 for a pair of jeans that can be worn at casual gatherings or the work place is reasonable, IMO.

I am reluctant to buy clothes on line. Nothing ever seems to fit the first go round. Usually takes a couple attempts. And I have found with Old Navy stuff at least, that their tolerances on sizing are generous. One 33" waist may be too big while another may be too snug. It's all over the place.

Sam Murdoch
01-21-2012, 2:11 PM

Well, I buy their $20.00 sale price off cuts for work jeans (I can never tell what's wrong with them) and the quality and CONSISTENCY of sizes and the made in America aspect way more than justifies the nearly $ 50.00 per pair. Also, consider that they offer free shipping for purchases over $ 99.00. My first order, I ordered 3 different styles to find the one best for me, sent back 2 and have never had issues since with the next purchases of "my" style. I'm obviously a satisfied customer.

Dave Lehnert
01-21-2012, 2:32 PM

Like one of the post said above. A pair of Livi's cost that much. point being if you are going to spend that kind of money for a pair of imports why not look at made in the USA pair. The complaint is always USA made goods cost too much.
I will agree if you are the kind of person that buys your jeans on sale for $11 you are not going to pay $50. I like cheap jeans to work in the shop, yard etc... But keep a nice pair for casual dress.

Guess one could say - Really? $300 for a hand plane. Harbor Freight has them for $10. But we all know the difference.

Dave Lehnert
01-21-2012, 2:35 PM
Anyone who has purchased from them. How do the sizes run? Small, big or about the same as store bought stuff?

Joe Angrisani
01-21-2012, 3:16 PM
....point being if you are going to spend that kind of money for a pair of imports why not look at made in the USA pair.....

Absolutely.

As I sit here in my $20 Costcos and think of the $28 Levi 505's hanging in my closet. I guess I just don't buy $50 jeans.

Rick Moyer
01-21-2012, 4:05 PM
I agree Joe. I buy Wranglers at Tractor supply for about $22. They're jeans after all. If I'm not so casual I'll wear khakis or dress pants, depending.

Scott Shepherd
01-21-2012, 7:08 PM
I guess I just don't buy $50 jeans.

We can tell, the $20 jeans make your butt look big :D

Larry Edgerton
01-22-2012, 7:24 AM
Baileys has "Wild Ass" jeans, made in the USA for under $30. Well made, heavy work jeans.

Larry

Mac McQuinn
01-22-2012, 9:48 AM
Since I think the whole idea is to purchase USA made jeans, Carhartt makes a separate USA line and you may have to order them but they're still available AFAIK. Bought 4 pairs last winter at place in Chesaning, MI @ $33.00 a pair, wear like iron and fit right.
Mac

Eddie Bauer - Classic Fit Five-Pocket Jeans $49.95 - $54.95

Kalvin Klein - Calvin Klein Jeans Men's Washed Sky Bootcut Jean $49.50

Levi's - 550 Relaxed Fit $40-$50 (price range posted on JCPenny's site)

Even a regular pair of 501's will set you back well north of $30 if you pay full retail.

$50 for a pair of nice jeans, not work jeans, is a pretty competitive price. The trendy or fashionable jeans are upwards to three times that price or more.

I don't get it myself, but all in all, $50 for a pair of jeans that can be worn at casual gatherings or the work place is reasonable, IMO.

I am reluctant to buy clothes on line. Nothing ever seems to fit the first go round. Usually takes a couple attempts. And I have found with Old Navy stuff at least, that their tolerances on sizing are generous. One 33" waist may be too big while another may be too snug. It's all over the place.

Scott T Smith
01-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Baileys has "Wild Ass" jeans, made in the USA for under $30. Well made, heavy work jeans.

Larry

+1. Very confortable and durable; I wear a pair almost every day here on the farm.

Greg Peterson
01-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Carthart has a made in USA product line? Wonderful! Someone in marketing needs to fire up the made in USA department. And get the ad campaign going, stat.

David Weaver
01-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Absolutely.

As I sit here in my $20 Costcos and think of the $28 Levi 505's hanging in my closet. I guess I just don't buy $50 jeans.

Right, you buy imports.

I remember when levis jeans were pretty much $30 a pair on sale. 505s or 550s. That was around 1991, when they were still made in the US.

I'd imagine $50 is not too far off of what $30 in 1991 equates to.

I don't buy levis any longer. If I'm going to buy imported jeans, I go for the ones that are on sale for $10. I didn't even know you could still get jeans in the US, but i'm inclined to spend $50 for decent ones.

Gordon Eyre
01-22-2012, 11:46 AM
I just now ordered a pair so we shall see. What I hate in most in today's import jeans is the short rise. I will be hoping for the best from this order.

Brian Elfert
01-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Various websites are reporting that Carharrt no longer makes clothing in the USA and that current supplies are the end of the line.

Dave Lehnert
01-22-2012, 2:18 PM
Dickies has a USA made line. Makes the $50 jeans look cheap.

http://www.dickies.com/whats-hot/all-products/whats-hot-limited-edition.jsp

Mac McQuinn
01-22-2012, 2:59 PM
These are the people I dealt with. Excellent old school customer service, alterations done in house. I also purchased a US made Carhartt Detroit jacket from them. Good people.

Ed Rehmann & Sons Clothing 151 West Broad Street, Chesaning, MI 48616-1202 (989) 845-6761

Mac

Carthart has a made in USA product line? Wonderful! Someone in marketing needs to fire up the made in USA department. And get the ad campaign going, stat.

Sam Murdoch
01-22-2012, 3:49 PM
I sent an e-mail to the All American Clothing company to tell them about this thread. Received a very nice letter from one of the co-owners today. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the letter here but if anyone cares to read about his philosophy and I'm not breaking any rules I will post the letter with yours and his permission. I found it quite refreshing.

Joe Angrisani
01-22-2012, 8:43 PM
We can tell, the $20 jeans make your butt look big :D

Uh. Ah. Um....., well....

Belinda Barfield
01-23-2012, 10:21 AM
I checked out All American over the weekend, not much to offer the ladies. I did find this company - http://www.gussetclothing.com/womdiamgusje.html just in case any other ladies are following this thread. They have a men's line as well. I just wish I could find an American company producing women's jeans from 100% cotton. I don't like stretch denim jeans.