PDA

View Full Version : Dovetail Article Help

Bob Coleman
01-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me locate an article about my Grandfather, Robert H Coleman (or he may have been the focus of a section). The article is about hand-cutting dovetails and the title may have mentioned the south (he lived in Decatur, GA). I also vaguely remember a picture of him in a denim cap and apron bending over sawing.

If anyone has a copy or can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the dim memory. I haven't seen the article in 15 years and Granddad passed on in 2002
Bob

Mark Dorman
01-21-2012, 9:53 AM
I'm not finding what you are looking for but I have found interesting thing linked to the name. don't know if it's the same guy though. railroad, guns, Hymn books any of those ring a bell.

Thomas L. Miller
01-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Bob,
I'd recommend contacting your local library and asking to speak with the Reference Librarian. They are specially trained in doing searches like this and it really makes their day when they have a chance to perform a search like this. Be sure you speak with the reference librarian and not just a staff person. My daughter is a reference librarian and this is the kind of stuff that gets her "on the hunt". The library will likely have access to databases that aren't open to the public. They can certainly help. Good luck.
Hope you find the article.
Tom

Bob Coleman
01-21-2012, 9:48 PM
Tom, that's a great idea - never even knew such a person existed outside universities, law libraries, etc.

Mark - none of that sounds like him, he did tools, wood, history, antiques, etc

Thanks!