PDA

View Full Version : Any Denver creekers know of a cabinet shop

Chris Daigh
03-16-2005, 10:48 AM
I am looking for a cabinet shop that has a large drum sander that would be willing to flatten my dining table top. Its pretty flat but I really don't trust myself with a belt sander.
Any Eurekazone users, I jointed the top with it and it worked really great. The top measures 43 x 100. Really impressed with it.

Brad Knabel
03-16-2005, 12:00 PM
You may try contacting the fine woodworking department at Red Rocks Community College. I don't think they have a big enough sander for you (at least they didn't when I was attending a couple of years ago.) But, they can probably point you in the right direction if nobody here is able to come up with a suggestion. They run across this situation fairly often when students want to flatten a table or bench top.

Good luck!

RRCC's Fine Woodworking program (http://www.rrcc.edu/finewood/index.html)

Chris Daigh
03-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks Brad, they do have some nice seminars I would like to attend. Jeff Miller is teaching a chair and bed seminar. That would be great.

Christopher Pine
03-16-2005, 8:40 PM
I think Ausitn hardwoods has a large belt sander machine. It would be worth a call to see if they have one and what they would charge you to run your piece through...this is the hardwood place on south mississippi ave.

I am taking class on mondays at Red Rocks currently and the large sander thay have.. I am not sure if it could handle that wide of a top.. I will measure it when I go in next time to the shop. Rand Richards is your man to contact about it though...
Rand.Richards@rrcc.edu
LEt us know how it goes and pictures please! :)

Chris Pine
(Colorado native and still here :) )