PDA

View Full Version : A very good read....A Carpenter's Life as told by houses

Mike Archambeau
01-20-2012, 2:34 PM
OK folks, just finished reading Larry Haun's last book titled "a CARPENTER'S LIFE as told by houses". What a fine book. Larry died one month after he finished the book.

Here is what the NewYork Times wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/27/garden/larry-haun-the-carpenters-carpenter.html?pagewanted=all

Larry built houses so I guess that makes him a woodworker. But he was also a fine human being with a great story to tell.

I highly recommend that you read this book. Then go out and enjoy your life a little bit more than you already do.

Stay warm! Larry said he spent his whole life trying to stay warm.

Larry said "I am eternallly grateful that I have a blanket and a warm place to sleep. Please tell me is there something else in life that I should be doing?"

Happy reading..............

Larry Edgerton
01-20-2012, 6:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll get it.

I guess though, if I should decide to write my life story I'll have to change my name now.....

I haven't decided if it will be a comedy or a tragedy, but how does "The life and times of the late, great Hans Scholebreck" sound?

Larry, the other carpenter.:D

ray hampton
01-20-2012, 6:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll get it.

I guess though, if I should decide to write my life story I'll have to change my name now.....

I haven't decided if it will be a comedy or a tragedy, but how does "The life and times of the late, great Hans Scholebreck" sound?

Larry, the other carpenter.:D

the name Dutch or German

Mac McQuinn
01-20-2012, 7:51 PM
I have also read this book and feel it's a must read, life lessons abound. We lost Larry a few months ago although I'm sure he's now working with another carpenter.:)

Mac