PDA

View Full Version : New PLS 6.75 learning curve!

Sandy Henry
01-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Brand new Universal! 1st time playing with it, testing canned settings for plastic. Removed air assist cone to prevent making a mess on the engraved white area but ran the air pump anyway, thinking it would create positive air preasure and keep mirrors & lens clean - WRONG!! It actually sucked the crap up directly onto the lense. Icky, sticky black gunk covering the entire lens after only 3 test runs! Cleaning soulution had almost no effect. Waiting for new lens to arrive. So much for logical thinking...back to reading the manual - right now its too cold to run a laser in Indiana anyway!! :)

Neal Schlee
01-19-2012, 1:24 PM
Brand new Universal! 1st time playing with it, testing canned settings for plastic. Removed air assist cone to prevent making a mess on the engraved white area but ran the air pump anyway, thinking it would create positive air preasure and keep mirrors & lens clean - WRONG!! It actually sucked the crap up directly onto the lense. Icky, sticky black gunk covering the entire lens after only 3 test runs! Cleaning soulution had almost no effect. Waiting for new lens to arrive. So much for logical thinking...back to reading the manual - right now its too cold to run a laser in Indiana anyway!! :)

Sandy, We use the air assist with the 1.5" nose cone and the 2" lense for nearly everything we engrave with our ULS. The mirrors and lense stays clean and you don't have to clean the nose cone tip every few minutes. There are times when cutting plexi where we'll use the matching nose cone to the lense.

Neal

Sandy Henry
01-19-2012, 1:32 PM
Wow, you just made my day! Working mostly with plastic, I decided the air assist would be of no benefit me. I'm going to order the 1.5" cone right now. THANKS!

Sandy Henry
01-19-2012, 2:05 PM
Impressive customer service...called my ULS sales & service reps - Kathy & Sue (Ohio) Ordered 1.5" air assist cone - they are sending it today - NO CHARGE! Gotta love that!! But the real feather in their cap is, the several years of advise & assistance they provided while I owned 2 Epilogs. They treated me as if I owned their product.