PDA

View Full Version : My Tee shirts-this is getting serious

dennis thompson
01-19-2012, 9:43 AM
Some of you may have seen my previous thread on the life cycle of a tee shirt.
Well this is getting serious, I walk out to my shop today & there ,on my workbench, are two of my best tee shirts, :eek:placed there by my wife without so much as a discussion with me. Now let me tell you, I measured the largest hole in these shirts & there are no holes larger than 2 inches, yes a mere 2 inches. These shirts have several years left in them.What to do? What to do?
I think maybe we need to go to a marriage counsellor or a psychologist who specializes in tee shirts.
Any suggestions before this really gets out of control?
Dennis

Belinda Barfield
01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
How long have you been married?
Less than 2 years - get out before you have any more time invested in a relationship with a woman who obsesses over your clothing. (joking!!!)
2 to 5 years - you may still be able to train her to leave your clothes alone and love you anyway.
5 to 10 years - chuckle to yourself and put the tees back where they belong.
10 or more years - give up and go buy yourself some new tees. :D

Eddie Watkins
01-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Be very careful!! You are in an area that can cause you pain the rest of your life. Years a go when me SO and I were first married I had a pair of underwear that the elastic around the legs had gone bad and the underwear was very uncomfortable to wear.:rolleyes: I threw them in the trash and I guess my SO thought I had done it by accident. She got them out and washed them and put them back in my drawer. I ended up wearing them to work and by the time I got home that evening they were driving me crazy. I ran in the door dropped my pants and ripped the underwear off my body. To this day my SO breaks out in hysterical laughter every time she thinks about it. It's only been 31 years.:o She still denies she did it intentionally.:rolleyes: You are on hallowed ground here. Tread lightly.

John Shuk
01-19-2012, 10:51 AM
I agree. Those shirts are just getting broken in. Yes, I am serious.

Brian Palmer
01-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Those t-shirt are just broken in. Problem is the boss. Flip a coin over keeping the shirts thats what I do. Heads she wins Tails .. she wins.

Brian Brown
01-19-2012, 1:11 PM
If it were me I would take my beloved tee shirts to an embroidery shop and have them embroider some pics of snakes and spiders on the shirts, then take them home and hang them in my closet. My wife would never get near that closet again! Just be aware that you choose to do this, you may have to do your own laundry from now on.

Ed Hazel
01-19-2012, 1:45 PM
Go to your closet pick out what your wife thinks is a good shirt, wear it out in the shop get some stain on it and when she complains just explain "I could not find any of my old T-shirts"

Jeff Monson
01-19-2012, 2:17 PM
I'd suggest wearing a couple of her nice dresses in the shop for a couple days, a few glue stains and a couple new holes should get your worn tees back to you. BTW a couple photos of this process could help us all visualize your situation.

Belinda Barfield
01-19-2012, 2:20 PM
I'd suggest wearing a couple of her nice dresses in the shop for a couple days, a few glue stains and a couple new holes should get your worn tees back to you. BTW a couple photos of this process could help us all visualize your situation.

:D
I believe some photos would help, a picture being worth a thousand words and all that. If you REALLY want to get her, ruin a pair of her shoes (with the dress of course).

Jim Koepke
01-19-2012, 3:39 PM
My system came from a friend and has been worked up a bit for my own use.

Old clothes are set aside for those times when work needs to be done that may cause the clothes to be tossed.

There are also some of those clothes that will not get tossed, buy may not go into the home wash system.

When working on automobiles and such, these come in handy. If need be, take a shower with the clothes on when you step in.

I even have some old favorite pairs of very comfortable worn in shoes just in case I have to dig something up, like a sewage drain, in the rain.

I also have some old clothes that I will never wear again, but they are like pieces of art recalling fond memories of days gone by.

jtk

Dave Lehnert
01-19-2012, 4:17 PM
I would not be concerned with the shirts. But what was she doing in your shop? First shirts then she will move on to old rusted tools.

dennis thompson
01-19-2012, 4:48 PM
220416Well there it is folks, as you can see this tee shirt has many years left.
Dennis

Jeff Monson
01-19-2012, 5:38 PM
:D
I believe some photos would help, a picture being worth a thousand words and all that. If you REALLY want to get her, ruin a pair of her shoes (with the dress of course).

How could I have possibly forgot the shoes! Yes some 3" heels would do nicely.

Brian Palmer
01-19-2012, 5:43 PM
220416Well there it is folks, as you can see this tee shirt has many years left.
Dennis

Some kids these days pay buko extra $$ for their cloths to come from the store like this.

David Helm
01-19-2012, 5:45 PM
Dennis

I think the photos requested were ones of you when you wear your wife's dress in the shop!

David G Baker
01-19-2012, 6:02 PM
I thought photos of the funeral procession were the requested photos after the dresses and shoes were ruined.

dennis thompson
01-19-2012, 7:31 PM
Some kids these days pay buko extra $$ for their cloths to come from the store like this.
Brian
If you would like to buy it I'll accept paypal:)
Dennis

dennis thompson
01-19-2012, 7:48 PM
How long have you been married?
Less than 2 years - get out before you have any more time invested in a relationship with a woman who obsesses over your clothing. (joking!!!)
2 to 5 years - you may still be able to train her to leave your clothes alone and love you anyway.
5 to 10 years - chuckle to yourself and put the tees back where they belong.
10 or more years - give up and go buy yourself some new tees. :D
Belinda
August will be 47 years, :)and no I don' t have any tee shirts that are that old
Dennis

Bill Edwards(2)
01-20-2012, 7:46 AM
I'd wear something even I didn't like. Just to try to distract her. If you can get her to
complain about that... cut her a deal. She leaves your tees alone and you won't wear
the really ugly thing. :)

Conrad Fiore
01-20-2012, 7:57 AM
Do your own clothes washing and she will never handle your most prized and broken in things.

Myk Rian
01-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Do you want the marriage to last? Then learn to say "Yes Dear".

This is coming from someone who just had the 44th anniversary yesterday.

Moses Yoder
01-20-2012, 3:05 PM
After looking at the picture of the shirt, my first thought was that they should be donated to a homeless shelter. I see homeless people wearing stuff like this all the time. Then I had a better thought; just move into a homeless shelter, and take the shirts.