PDA

View Full Version : Large quantities of fiberglass resin???

Charles McKinley
03-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can get fiberglass resin in 5 gallon buckets? I have a geodesic dome greenhouse my grandfather built that either needs resheeted or a masive repair. A stich and glue kyak may be in the offing too.

A source for thin translucent fibergalss sheeting would be appreciated too. I hate the thought of cutting all of those triangles.

Thanks,

Wes Bischel
03-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Charles,
We used these guys at my previous employer, though I haven't purchased from them in a while.

http://www.fibreglast.com/

Wes

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Charles
A home is being built a block from our home that has three (3) geodesic domes connected together to make up the entire home.
The roofers used black sticky rubberized (plastic)(stuff) over the entire three domes. The sticky stuff we put on near the eves and edges of our roofs before applying the shingles.
Then the roofers applied the shingles.

Now you are welcome to come for a visit and then we'll go over there to quiz the contractor. Then have lunch and chat (now note, I have allot of chat).

Also, the Penn-Franklin News ran a feature article about the house - maybe two months ago. I'm sure if you call them, you can get the old paper sent out to you. Their website is penn-franklin.com and that will lead you onto the address and phone number.

These domes are Huge. The contractor made them from a kit of triangles.

Daniel

Ken Garlock
03-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Charles, take a look a Raka Inc (http://www.raka.com/index.html)

Dave Richards
03-16-2005, 1:44 PM
Charles, I have used Raka and had excellent service. Their prices are good and the product is top notch.

Chris Padilla
03-16-2005, 2:26 PM
Ditto for Raka...good/fair prices and quality stuff.

Charles McKinley
03-17-2005, 5:53 PM
Thanks Guys,

I'll check out the places mentioned. Daniel I'll try to stop down after the weather breaks and I get the vehicle stiuation straightened out. (We need a new(er) car.) It is much easier to travel with the three munchkins when the weather is warmer.

Thanks again,