PDA

View Full Version : Router Raizer and Extension - nice products...

ian maybury
01-18-2012, 1:55 PM
I'm aware that it's a while since these were the latest and greatest, and that quite a few routers now have built in height adjusters. That said i've just finished fitting the above to my DW 625 and router Incra based table and thought i'd give some praise where praise is due.

Two well engineered and very nicely made kits with not even a hint of that 'made to price ticks all the boxes but missed the point' feel you get from so much woodworking stuff these days. Everything went together without a hint of a bother.

The Raizer seems to do what it's supposed to do, while the runout on a cutter fitted in the extender was .004in when first tried, and went instantly down to .001in and a whisker with a bit of fiddling per the instructions. Chances are that that level of runout probably won't survive first contact with wood, but it's hard to imagine it being much better. The router is running dead smoothly.

No doubt somebody will come on now and tell me why i should have bought a full lifter set up...

ian

Bruce Page
01-18-2012, 3:05 PM
I have both a Benchdog lift and a Router Raizer lift, both do the job well.

ian maybury
01-18-2012, 4:45 PM
Ta Bruce, good to hear that.

ian

Alan Wright
01-18-2012, 10:12 PM
I bought a router lift last year and used it to adjust a lock miter bit. without the lift, it was a nightmare to adjust. With the lift, I was able to make accurate, minute adjustment and get it right. I love mine. alan

Curt Harms
01-19-2012, 11:17 AM
+1 on the router raizer. I find it neat that there's no lash in the adjustment, the threads are 3/8-16 so one full turn is 1/16", 1/2 turn is 1/32" etc. There's just enough resistance to turning that I don't have to use the plunge lock yet the router depth does not change with use. I had a home made crank setup, just a nut let into the end of a drilled-out dowel and it worked okay but the the nut was too lose and would move due to vibration while in use. Oops.