PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Cabinets - Recommendation....

Justin Jump
01-18-2012, 12:12 PM
I still have TONS to do before the shop is finished, but I would like to start planning the small stuff to build my own cabinets.

The question is, since I haven't built cabinets in 15 years, can anyone recommend a good book to refresh?

I'm pretty sure my old vo-tech teached has gone to the big woodshop in the sky - so I don't think he's around to give me a refresher!

Thx,
-JJ

Bill Bukovec
01-18-2012, 12:38 PM
I don't know of a book because I went to a home improvement store and took measurements from what they had on display.

Joe A Faulkner
01-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Google Tom Clark practical cabinets. For $14 bucks he will send you a booklet with instructions etc. Or for another alternative, go to the wood whisperer's site and watch his project for bulding a base of an assembly table. He uses a frameless design in this case. I'm partial to face frames myself, but none the less his build is a good lesson. http://thewoodwhisperer.com/episode-19-assembly-table-stand/

Sam Murdoch
01-22-2012, 4:18 PM
The Woodworker's Library is a good source. I'd post a link but I don't think I'm old enough in the Creek yet :D - You'll have to use The Google.

Victor Robinson
01-23-2012, 12:13 AM
I like the Complete Kitchen Cabinetmaker, by Lang.

Bill ThompsonNM
01-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Plus one for Lang. I don't think you can do better than that.

frank shic
01-23-2012, 12:32 PM
jim tolpin, danny proulx and udo schmidt have decent books on building kitchen cabinets. i think danny's is one of the best though because he actually gives you cut lists. just make some nicer doors and drawer fronts than the plywood he used in the book.

scott vroom
01-23-2012, 12:41 PM
What Frank said plus my favorite: Bob Lang's "The Complete Kitchen Cabinetmaker"