PDA

View Full Version : Stanley #112 Replacement Knob

Bob Waltemate
03-15-2005, 7:53 PM
I recently picked up at auction an older Stanley #112 scraper plane. I did not notice until I got it home that it had the wrong knob on it. The one that is on it now is from a bench plane with the raised ring cast into the metal body. I would like to get a more proper knob for this plane, but I have no idea what size the original was. Would a knob from a low knob Stanley bench plane be the correct one? If so, what size? A number 3 or 4? Or something larger? Did the Stanley 112's use a unique size of knob? Thanks for you help.

Walt Quadrato
03-16-2005, 1:22 PM
Bob,
the No.112's have a similar knob to the early No.4 sized Stanleys..low knob..beaded if you got it..no bead is correct also. Don't have an extra right now..but we're coming into the right season for parts soon..will keep it in mind

walt Q

Bob Waltemate
03-16-2005, 5:32 PM
I think I have one coming that should work. It is off of a low knob Stanley #4 and according to what I read on the Blood & Gore site, it should be a close match. It has to be better than what is on there now. Thanks for getting back to me.