PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Honeycomb Table

Daniel Wolanski
01-17-2012, 7:11 PM
After playing with my new laser for a month and cutting every wood toy I can get my hands on, it's time to actually make some money and cut a customer's job with it.:) I can remove the honeycomb table from the laser quickly but I need a quick way to spray something on it to clean the soot / gunk. Anyone have a favorite way to clean their table?

Dan Hintz
01-17-2012, 8:19 PM
A number of threads here for the searching on the subject... everyone has their favorite, but they range from soaking in Krud Kutter to spraying with Easy-off Oven Cleaner (not suggested as it can eat aluminum pretty quickly).

Dee Gallo
01-17-2012, 8:35 PM
What Dan said. Plus one for Krud Kutter.

Daniel Wolanski
01-18-2012, 1:48 PM
Hi Dan,
I did a search for "honeycomb cleaning" and nothing came up. I have a steel table like the Rabbit USA one. Thanks for the tips!

Gary Hair
01-18-2012, 2:26 PM
Hi Dan,
I did a search for "honeycomb cleaning" and nothing came up. I have a steel table like the Rabbit USA one. Thanks for the tips!

Not sure where you searched, but I searched and got this:

Granted, not all of them were specific to cleaning honeycomb, but a quick scan of the first 25 showed at least a few.

Gary

Bobby Etchison
01-18-2012, 5:10 PM
ZEP Industrial Purple works great too. 4 parts water to 1 part ZEP. Soak about 5 minutes max and rinse. Super clean!

Dewey Schramm
01-18-2012, 5:42 PM
ZEP Industrial Purple works great too. 4 parts water to 1 part ZEP. Soak about 5 minutes max and rinse. Super clean!This suggestion is what Epilog recommends on it's website.

Mike Null
01-19-2012, 5:21 AM
Bobby

Welcome to SMC. We're glad to have you aboard.