PDA

View Full Version : road trip

Josh Bowman
01-17-2012, 5:40 PM
Anyone going to the Nashville Symposium at the end of the month? I've signed up for 2 days.

http://tnwoodturners.org/symposium/

David E Keller
01-17-2012, 6:10 PM
I'll be there. I'm having both of my hands operated the Tuesday before, so look for the guy with the bandages on both hands!

Scott Hackler
01-17-2012, 6:14 PM
I'll be there. I'm having both of my hands operated the Tuesday before, so look for the guy with the bandages on both hands!

I want to know how you expect to lift those giant chunks of wood and all those tools with messed up hands! Let alone your impaired judgement while jacked up on Percocet! :)

I wish I could go, but I have to set limits on the symposium attendances and I am planning on the AAW in San Jose and of course going back to Waco for the SWAT symposium.

Chris Studley
01-17-2012, 6:18 PM
@ david - ouch. What are you having done? Carpel tunnel issues? I know Scott Hackler recently was having something done as well.

I've only been turning 10 months or so and the trigger thumb issues I had years ago, as a function of a repetitive work motion, (That went away, when I left that job) Is creeping back. Monday mornings, (after a weekend of turning) I have to stretch my thumbs for a while.

Good luck...

Sid Matheny
01-17-2012, 6:22 PM
That is only about 75 miles from me but that is to rich for my blood. There is no reason for those rates IMOH. :eek:

Sid

Kathy Marshall
01-17-2012, 9:15 PM
I want to know how you expect to lift those giant chunks of wood and all those tools with messed up hands! Let alone your impaired judgement while jacked up on Percocet! :)

I wish I could go, but I have to set limits on the symposium attendances and I am planning on the AAW in San Jose and of course going back to Waco for the SWAT symposium.
I just want to know how he expects to dig in his pocket for his wallet in order to buy all those giant chunks of wood and tools with his hands all bandaged up! I guess he can just have his wife pin a bunch of bills on his shirt and the vendors can just pull off what they need :eek:.

David E Keller
01-17-2012, 10:39 PM
You folks underestimate the pull of the vortex! I'm still very much in the acquisition phase of this endeavor(as if it ever really ends)! I've thought quite a bit about my ability to shop and carry goods, and I've decided to charge everything at Mike Smith's place to Keeton's account!:D I'll be a couple of days out from the carpal tunnel procedure by the time the vendor area opens, but I don't think I'll be able to carry big pieces of wood... I've decided to use my children as pack mules!:D Sure, it'll be cold outside and they'll probably have to make multiple trips to the vehicle, but I don't want them to grow up to be soft! Percocet and woodturning vendors sounds like a great combination to me!

Alan Trout
01-17-2012, 11:09 PM
You folks underestimate the pull of the vortex! I'm still very much in the acquisition phase of this endeavor(as if it ever really ends)! I've thought quite a bit about my ability to shop and carry goods, and I've decided to charge everything at Mike Smith's place to Keeton's account!:D I'll be a couple of days out from the carpal tunnel procedure by the time the vendor area opens, but I don't think I'll be able to carry big pieces of wood... I've decided to use my children as pack mules!:D Sure, it'll be cold outside and they'll probably have to make multiple trips to the vehicle, but I don't want them to grow up to be soft! Percocet and woodturning vendors sounds like a great combination to me!

Children are excellent pack mules. Be sure to find something for me that you can bill to Keeton's account. Maybe we can start a list and you can get something for everyone.:D

Alan