PDA

View Full Version : Kobra hollowing system

allen thunem
01-17-2012, 2:51 PM
any kobra owners out there mind if i pick their brain about their experience with the system?? likes dislikes cost value etc etc
anybody in colorado or specifically the denver area??

John Keeton
01-17-2012, 2:56 PM
Allen, check out this thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?166531-Kobra-hollowing-system)- it should give you a good start.

Jack Mincey
01-17-2012, 4:45 PM
Allen,
I've had the system around a year now and love it. I still hollow my forms free hand up to 8" deep because I learned free hand and still enjoy doing the small stuff in this manner. For anything deeper than 8" I use the Kobra system and love it. I have hollowed down to just shy of 14" deep and it had no flex in the 1" shaft I got with the system at this depth. The Kobra system is very much like free hand hollowing in that there is a handle that comes out to hold when hollowing. I hold it under my arm and hollow just like I do when free hand hollowing, but with no stress on my body. I have also found that I can hollow almost twice and fast with this system compared to free hand hollowing. The lazier works great and I had zero problems with the system to date. I is expensive, but worth it. I got an 3/4" adapter with it and use my home made 3/4" bars and John Jordan bars on it for under the lip of HF's.
Jack