PDA

View Full Version : Re setting home position

Joe Hillmann
01-17-2012, 12:47 PM
On a universal laser can I set a new home position so the rotary is at 180 degrees? And if so can I still engrave on both sides of 180 degrees? I have never played with setting a new home position so I don't know if it will work.

What I am trying to do is once a job is done running have the rotary automatically go to 180 degrees so I can then use the red dot pointer to put in a part accurately without having to spend the time turning on the pointer then manually moving the rotary to 180 degrees. It takes too long and could be a source of screw-ups.

Tony Lenkic
01-17-2012, 3:04 PM
Joe,

Couldn't you setup file in your design software where you have one image in usual position and offset the other one by 180 deg. (opposite side). This way you don't have to remove part out of rotary fixture.

Joe Hillmann
01-17-2012, 3:19 PM
No, I am engraving on pool cues and I have to line up my engraving in line with mother of pear inlays that are already in the stick. Since I can not do more than 8 degrees of negative rotation so the only way I can center it and know exactly where it will end up at is by using the red dot at 180 degrees