PDA

View Full Version : Koa Tv stand done.

Rob Wong
01-17-2012, 2:24 AM
I just completed and delivered this stand today. It is made from Koa ply and solid Koa with a touch of Mango on the bottom for contrast. The small fan is a Japanese touch as the owner is Japanese. I wanted to add that to add just a little other color to match the bottom light Mango. The fan is made from Maple and Ebony. I would like to try inlays next. I would also like to use diffrent species of wood in the same piece. I've been using all the same wood in my pieces and I think they've become boring like that.

Please pardon the terrible pictures. The wood is real nice and I'm a bad photographer. Actually taking a class this coming Saturday.

Thanks for looking.

Aloha,
Rob

Todd Burch
01-17-2012, 6:55 AM
Looks very good Rob. Is that finish a dull or satin lacquer over oil? I like your fan! Good idea.

Todd

Rob Wong
01-17-2012, 2:10 PM
Todd, It is Watco Danish Oil.

Rob

Phil Thien
01-17-2012, 8:29 PM
That looks terrific! I'm sure the customer will be thrilled. I would be.

Rob Wong
01-18-2012, 3:22 AM
That looks terrific! I'm sure the customer will be thrilled. I would be.

Hi Phil! I'm the Rob from Hilo that made your separator and I installed my DC directly on top of it with a window in the garbage can to see when it gets full. Still works great. It was on your site a while ago.

I made the stand for my sister in law.

Aloha,

Rob

Phil Thien
01-18-2012, 9:20 AM
Hi Phil! I'm the Rob from Hilo that made your separator and I installed my DC directly on top of it with a window in the garbage can to see when it gets full. Still works great. It was on your site a while ago.

I made the stand for my sister in law.

Aloha,

Rob

Wow. Hi Rob! I remember, your post was one of the first on my site.

Love the stand. That Koa is beautiful.