PDA

View Full Version : Bought my 4 year old granddaughter a car today.

Larry Edgerton
01-15-2012, 5:10 PM
Well, I bought a car for my daughter to drive my granddaughter around in......

My daughter totaled out her Bonneville when a big deer wanted to be in the exact same spot. Shame, she took really good care of it but the front clip was gone and the bags blew.

I picked her up a nice 92 Volvo 740 Turbowagon for what the insurance is going to pay out. She is going to school and working and did not want a payment, and didn't want me buying her another car. Proud of her for that, but she did let me do the shopping. She always loved my Volvo's, so now she has her own. I went and got it to surprise her, and "dang", now I want another 240 wagon. Forgot how much I liked those things.

So if any of you Southern gentlemen have a 240 wagon you don't know what to do with......:D

Larry

Chris Walls
01-15-2012, 5:25 PM
Larry

I've been there and done that , although it was not a Volvo. Good for you !

Chris

Ed Aumiller
01-16-2012, 11:11 AM
When I saw the title, thought you had done what my father said to do.... Buy a brand new car that you hope will be a classic when your child (or grandchild) is less than a year old. Put it in the garage, and remove battery (save it, though it will be no good), block up car so tires are off floor & let air out of them...etc...
When the kid is ready for college, the car should be worth enough for several years tuition....

Jim Matthews
01-16-2012, 4:38 PM
When I saw the title, thought you had done what my father said to do.... Buy a brand new car that you hope will be a classic when your child (or grandchild) is less than a year old. Put it in the garage, and remove battery (save it, though it will be no good), block up car so tires are off floor & let air out of them...etc...
When the kid is ready for college, the car should be worth enough for several years tuition....

I wonder if my Pontiac Sunbirdbath with daffodils growing through the engine bay will be that valuable someday...