PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Sawing

George Bledsoe
03-15-2005, 9:20 AM
I have been slowly plugging away at cutting up a few logs (OK more then a few) I think I may have picked up some sort of virus from sawdust at some point. I probably have way more then I can use but I just keep collecting, I am sure it is some sort of sickness :D The walnut was being cleared for a pond each board is 11" wide almost 10' long. The other photo is a days worth of cutting on my Norwood. I just can't seem to say no to free wood, I think I am going to have to add on to the barn I seem to be running out of stacking room. :eek:

Jeff Sudmeier
03-15-2005, 9:22 AM
If you are having a problem storing all of that wood I know that Spring (John M) and I would be willing to make a road trip to come pick some of it up!

Great work!

George Bledsoe
03-15-2005, 9:28 AM
In raw form or processed :D

Jeff Sudmeier
03-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Ahhh, that would be processed, John nor I have a sawmill (yet). :)

In all seriousness, if you were looking to lower your supply sometime, let me know. If it is worth the drive I will certainly entertain the trip.

Steve Roxberg
03-15-2005, 11:14 AM
I live in Kansas City and would be interested in some. I'd have to figure out how to dry it, but let me know and we could help out your situation.

Tyler Howell
03-15-2005, 11:18 AM
We are much nicer to our Iowa WW bros than those guys from cheese or KC :D .

We should get first pick!;)
Real nice haul George

Rob Russell
03-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Nice looking wood. If that vertically stacked stuff is fresh cut, I'd get it stacked and stickered in a hurry.

George Bledsoe
03-15-2005, 12:20 PM
The stuff standing is shorter stuff 7' and under. I normally don't like to cut shorter stuff however I seem to get some logs in shorter lengths from someplace, I am stacking it until I get the stickered pile started. The stuff has been like that for a week or two, still dead flat so I am not in a huge hurry. I agree you should try and get it stacked and stickered fairly quickly, it is like sealing the ends while it is a great idea under ideal situations you only lose a few inches if you don't. The big mills don't but they do allow for trim on log length as do I. Sometimes you can get caught up in the "Have Too's" and you end up getting nothing done. :)

George Bledsoe
03-15-2005, 4:15 PM
I may be headed up to the great state of Minnesota, in search of the much desired Butternut logs in the near future. I have a contact that I need to get a hold of to see what the have stashed away. I am hoping to get some so I can cart off to add to my ever increasing lumber hoard. :D

Hows the walnut prices up there?