PDA

View Full Version : This Bird is Having Fun...

Raymond Fries
01-14-2012, 9:27 PM
Pretty smart crow...

http://io9.com/5875864/watch-this-crow-go-sledding-down-a-snow+laden-rooftop

Joe Pelonio
01-14-2012, 9:54 PM
I can't stand crows, they are annoying, but there's no doubt they are smart and that's a cool video.

Van Huskey
01-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Pretty smart crow...

http://io9.com/5875864/watch-this-crow-go-sledding-down-a-snow+laden-rooftop

I have never seen a bird snowboard, well until now.

ray hampton
01-14-2012, 10:25 PM
the penguins do this all of the time to get to the water

Greg Peterson
01-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Crows are incredibly intelligent. One thing that makes them so interesting is they remember faces, for years. They are also able to relay this information to other crows and this information can be relayed down through generations.

Yes, they can be annoying, but realize they understand far more than we give them credit for.

John Shuk
01-15-2012, 7:48 AM
Crows are amazing birds. They are very smart and really entertaining. I have 3 crows that have shown up in my yard every morning for 10 years cawing and starting a ruckus. I'd miss them if they ever stopped.

Michael Weber
01-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't like crows either but it's because I realize they're smarter than I am.

Matt Marsh
01-15-2012, 12:06 PM
I have found an incredible admiration for crows and ravens in recent years. For the past few years, we have had at least one or two pairs nesting and raising their young in the trees near our house. The vocalizations that they use to communicate with each other are amazing. They use soft gurgling sounds when they communicate affection, emotion-filled, almost hammy caws from the babies begging for the parents to feed them. Although they speak a different language, their accentuations and vocals obviously mirror ours. They are always welcome here.

ray hampton
01-15-2012, 12:51 PM
crows and ravens got two cousins the magpie and the bluejays and if you could train them to stay around your home, instant watchdog

Van Huskey
01-15-2012, 3:51 PM
the penguins do this all of the time to get to the water

The big difference for me is they don't use a "tool" to do it.

Raymond Fries
01-15-2012, 4:06 PM
A guy I work with old me that when he was a boy, there was a crow that used to come and peck the aluminum screen door until he would he would come out and play with him.

Too funny..