PDA

View Full Version : corel draw

jeff bissett 52
01-13-2012, 7:59 PM
I woud like to purchase corel draw the price range goes any where from $79- $699, I don't Know which end is up. what is truly a full version or is a home & student version good I engrave as a hobby & once in awhile I do a small job for cash. I take phots work them in photo shop but want to start incorporating poems & the like with them. & want to learn how to do scaled drawings (like blue prints) also. any advice ?? thanks Jeff full spectrum 40w laser

AL Ursich
01-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Watch out for Student Versions that may not have the Drivers you need...

I would do a search on this topic, lots of good info....

Also Joining Engraving Etc Forum has additional Great Info with Folders of Corel Threads.

Good Luck,

AL

Mike Null
01-14-2012, 7:33 AM
Version X5 is the latest but you can find other versions on the internet. Be sure you get the discs rather than just a download.

Your first purchase will be the most expensive but after that upgrades are more reasonable than any competitive program. Avoid student versions.

Scott Shepherd
01-14-2012, 9:22 PM
Student versions aren't the only ones to look out for. I bought a "full" version from the classified section here a couple years ago. I thought it was all great, then I tired using it on our vinyl plotter and found it wouldn't work. With some research, it was pointed out that I may have an "OEM" version, which had some features disabled. I looked all over the box and disc and finally found one tiny little icon that said "OEM" and that was it.

Be really really careful when you buy stuff online, cheap, trying to save money.

You can always try inkscape for free.

Greg Bednar
01-15-2012, 2:15 PM
any advice ??

Call Corel direct at 1-877-582-6735. This is what I did and I have not been dissatisfied. Ask them as many questions as you like, you will get answers, and you will get a bona fide program complete with book/manual. The one commodity you can never recover is your valuable time. Don't go on a snipe hunt.

Martin Boekers
01-15-2012, 2:46 PM
I to would by direct from Corel. They run specials ALL the time. If your not in a hurry, sign up
for their email, this will keep you up to date with the specials. Software, in my opinion is as
important as the laser. Watch if you by used as all versions aren't upgradable or have support.