PDA

View Full Version : Spray booth Filter/Regulator recommendations

John Coloccia
01-13-2012, 10:09 AM
I just finished my booth, but I'm still using air directly out of my compressor. It actually works pretty well. It's oiless and I haven't really had any issues (my old, 60 GAL compressor developed rust issues in storage when I moved back to the East Coast). Incidentally, here's a nice plug for that 15 GAL Dewalt compressor...it works well! I do miss my 5HP monster, but the Dewalt runs everything I own with no issues, including all my die grinders, nibblers, etc..

Anyhow, I really should install a filter/desiccant/regulator to my booth. Does anybody have a recommendation? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I also don't want to have to buy a new one every week. I'm just spraying guitars, not cars.

Any help is appreciated.

Daniel Berlin
01-13-2012, 2:03 PM
I just finished my booth, but I'm still using air directly out of my compressor. It actually works pretty well. It's oiless and I haven't really had any issues (my old, 60 GAL compressor developed rust issues in storage when I moved back to the East Coast). Incidentally, here's a nice plug for that 15 GAL Dewalt compressor...it works well! I do miss my 5HP monster, but the Dewalt runs everything I own with no issues, including all my die grinders, nibblers, etc..

Anyhow, I really should install a filter/desiccant/regulator to my booth. Does anybody have a recommendation? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I also don't want to have to buy a new one every week. I'm just spraying guitars, not cars.

Any help is appreciated.

DevilBiss QC-3.
Not horribly expensive, no real pressure drop, filters down to 0.1 micron, has a regulator on the outfeed, etc.

Replacement dessicant cartridges are 40 bucks a piece, and last quite a while for me (6 months-1 year, longer if you regularly drain your tanks :P)