View Full Version : Hand Bowl on Instructables

Ron Thompson
01-12-2012, 9:57 PM
Check out the cool bowl (with plans) at
instructables.com/id/Hand-Bowl
Ron in San Jose

Frank Corker
01-13-2012, 5:42 PM
That's pretty neat Ron, someone has certainly spent a fair amount of time working that out.

Bruce Dorworth
01-13-2012, 9:43 PM
I dowloaded a pdf of the Hand Bowl and the file seemed to be messed up. I am waiting fro someone else to look at it.

Bruce

Lee DeRaud
01-14-2012, 2:08 AM
I dowloaded a pdf of the Hand Bowl and the file seemed to be messed up. I am waiting fro someone else to look at it.I have no idea what is on the PDF (you have to be a "pro" member of Instructables to download it), but the actual plans are the three EPS files on step four or thereabouts. X4 loaded the first one ok, haven't looked at the others yet. Appears to be set up for a laser with 24"x36" or so bed size, but the layout is extremely loose.

Ron Chapellaz
01-14-2012, 2:18 AM
I was able to bring up all 3 files with X5. Lee is right, there is plenty of room to fit things in a little tighter on a sheet.

Chuck Stone
01-14-2012, 6:04 PM
I was able to bring up all 3 files with X5. Lee is right, there is plenty of room to fit things in a little tighter on a sheet.

Just a guess here (giving the author the benefit of the doubt) but they seem to be perfectly
spaced to allow you to put the parts back in groups. There is just enough room to use the
pick tool and put a border around each part to re-group them. I don't think EPS allows groups.
First thing I did is put them back in groups to make them more manageable.

Ron Chapellaz
01-14-2012, 7:17 PM
Just a guess here (giving the author the benefit of the doubt) but they seem to be perfectly
spaced to allow you to put the parts back in groups. There is just enough room to use the
pick tool and put a border around each part to re-group them. I don't think EPS allows groups.
First thing I did is put them back in groups to make them more manageable.

You planning on making one Chuck?? If you do let me know how it all works out.

Chuck Stone
01-14-2012, 7:27 PM
Ron .. it's just the kind of thing I'd try once!
I'll need to do some resizing, and I've only got
a casual understanding of Corel.. so it will be
on my list of things to do.

Scott Shepherd
01-14-2012, 7:47 PM
There's a program that makes that super easy from AutoCad right now. I think it's 123Make or 123 Design. It'll take any 3D model and slice it and export the eps file, allowing for the laser kerf too. It's only available for Mac's at the moment, but the demo shows what it'll do fairly well.

http://www.123dapp.com/make