PDA

View Full Version : New Lie Nielson dove tail saw

Bob Glenn
01-12-2012, 10:55 AM
All I can say is WOW! The package came yesterday. I eagerly opened and unwrapped the package and the saw slowly revealed itself. First the beautiful figured handled glistened from the wrap, then the blade and gorgeous metal work. When I reached in and picked it up, it felt like heaven in my hand. The handle felt like butter, so smooth and the heft and balance are supreme. Almost too pretty to use, however, I went to the shop and put a piece of white oak in the vise and scribed two lines across the end grain with a square. I was able to split the line on the first try and cut perfectly beside the line on the second.

As a comparison, I picked up my old gents saw that I purchased at WoodCraft a few years ago. What a difference. Good tools are truly worth the money. Thanks, Lie Nielson.

Chris Griggs
01-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Congrats! Which one did you get? The standard, the prog. pitch, or the thin plate?

gary Zimmel
01-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Got to love new toys...
Congrats on the new saw Bob.

Bob Glenn
01-12-2012, 12:51 PM
I got the standard. I originally wanted the progressive pitch, but they were on backed up on production and it was going to be three weeks or so before delivery. I have dove tails to cut this week.

Jeff Bartley
01-12-2012, 1:48 PM
Bob, I literally had this Exact experience last week! White oak too! I bought the regular saw too. After having a close look at the saw I'm amazed they can make these saws for the price! Enjoy your saw!