PDA

View Full Version : "Yall hold my drink" WOW!

shane lyall
01-12-2012, 1:12 AM
I have to say don't try this at home...or anywhere else for that matter! I was looking at shop stuff and found this gem. It gets really hairy at about 4:00 into the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unmYI5ruEeY

Van Huskey
01-12-2012, 2:02 AM
"Many good things to you and yours Boom Boom"

That is possibly the scariest and coolest thing I have ever seen at one time.

That said I agree, do not try this at home or anywhere for that matter. I have to think nobody that owns a Robust, Oneway or Stubby should view this, the buyers remorse they would feel may just destroy them.

Victor Robinson
01-12-2012, 3:37 AM
Huh. *Guess I don't need a lathe after all.

Anthony Whitesell
01-12-2012, 5:47 AM
OK. So I think that's a lawyer's dream. I don't think it would have been so bad if:

1) the tablesaw the drill press was sitting on didn't wobble
2) the drill press was mounted so as not to wander
3) the blade in the skillsaw didn't look like it was the original blade (ie., something sharp and carbide tipped would have helped tremendously)

Charles Lent
01-12-2012, 10:29 AM
WOW!!! That had me wondering if the glass on my monitor was rated safety glass.

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.

Charley

Lee Schierer
01-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I can't wait to see how he turns a bowl!!!

scott vroom
01-12-2012, 11:45 AM
I can't wait to see how he turns a bowl!!!

Easy: He mounts the skilsaw 180 degrees upside down on the drill press base then lowers the wood block down onto it, using the curvature of the blade to carve the bowl.

Anthony Whitesell
01-12-2012, 12:53 PM
He doesn't need the skillsaw. He just uses the tablesaw the drill press is sitting on. Now I understand why he was using the tablesaw as a work area. Backwoods shopsmith.

Kent Chasson
01-12-2012, 1:41 PM
Skillsaw is a terrible choice here. The obvious tool is a chainsaw. :rolleyes:

shane lyall
01-12-2012, 2:51 PM
The tablesaw looks like my first old Ryobi from years ago. Wonder if the jury would side with this guy as well. We all KNOW how unsafe those saws are and he had this rig sitting on one! I'm just kidding BTW. I did get cut on my old Ryobi but it was no falt of the saw. It was the stupidity of the opperator.

Tony Zaffuto
01-12-2012, 3:39 PM
I have to say don't try this at home...or anywhere else for that matter! I was looking at shop stuff and found this gem. It gets really hairy at about 4:00 into the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unmYI5ruEeY

Actually tonight is the first night of my showing my wife how to turn. Maybe I'll start with this video????

Gary Pennington
01-12-2012, 3:51 PM
Fabulous!! I'm saving this link for when I need (want) to buy a lathe. LOML will be hapy to see me buy one.

Gary

Myk Rian
01-12-2012, 4:06 PM
Stupid is as Stupid does.

glenn bradley
01-12-2012, 4:56 PM
What? You're not OK with that!?!

curtis rosche
01-12-2012, 11:33 PM
kinda similar to how i rough some hard maple blanks on my lathe. but i does those with a properly mounted peice of wood, a chainsaw, correct operator gear, and the lathe around 80-100 rpms. and i only make straight cuts the whole way around and then go back and chip away with a hammer and chisel

Van Huskey
01-12-2012, 11:43 PM
I think everyone would have to admit, that went MUCH better than anyone expected when after watching the first minute!