PDA

View Full Version : Saw this nesting and other features program ....

Rodne Gold
01-12-2012, 1:09 AM
Was posted on another board , havent tried it , and it's not free , seems ro be $49 a copy , but it looks quite good on paper , waddya thunk?
http://eng.e-cut.ru/

Rich Harman
01-12-2012, 2:01 AM
I tried the demo. It did not recognize some of the lines on one of my files.

Michael Kowalczyk
01-12-2012, 1:16 PM
My concern is that it will only work on ONE pc. (Unless you but 4) Once it is registered to a PC, that is it. You can never move it to a new one. And we all know that PC's last forever, I mean have some what of a short life span. Otherwise it has some interesting features.

For a lower cost nesting macro for CDR and with less functions I use GDG NEST. http://macromonster.com/index.php?mod=descr&id_desc=124&keyword=nesting&Submit=Go

Do a search for "Nest" here and you will see several posts that talk about both of these.

For $14.95 it's hard to beat for simple nesting. For CNC and vinyl cutters the Ecut looks pretty cool.

Larry Bratton
01-12-2012, 5:02 PM
This program is a product of Macro Monster. They also produce the Rhinestone software called rStones. As Michael said,many people object to their sales policy. I didn't particularly object to it when I bought it...UNTIL my laptop crashed and I had to BUY IT AGAIN! I will say that my experience with rStones is good and for 50 bucks it's hard to beat. Jeff at Macro Monster is very helpful and gives good support. I have dl eCut and will try it out, it looks like it could be helpful. I have been needing some new plotter software, so maybe this will work with Corel Draw as advertised.

Michael Kowalczyk
01-12-2012, 5:25 PM
Hey Larry,
I believe that Macromonster is a reseller of other author's macros. Ecut and Rstone's developer is in Russia but has Macromonster as another sales arm for us non Russian speaking people. but I do agree that Jeff knows his stuff and is very helpful. Besides it's easier to email or call Canada than wait for Russia to wake up and reply the next day. It takes twice as long to get an answer.

Adam Brunner
01-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Pardon my lurking but I have this program so I know a little about it...
It works okay but I can definitely "outnest" it in a short amount of time. It interfaces well with CorelDraw and is even supported by Corel's undo feature. I don't know a lot about programming but it seems to nest based on outlining objects with simple polygons. I have never seen any intricate nesting, eg. interlocking complex parts. Each item seems to have it's own "space." If you are making a lot of one-offs it would be convenient. I have done a lot of names and letters and it's quick and simple to type them out and let the program nest them. If you are doing the same layout over and over, it's probably worth it to spend 15 mins and nest it yourself. It doesn't take long to come up with a more efficient layout. I use mostly Baltic Birch, so at $.60 a sq ft i question how vital it is to be able to get 51 widgets out of a square ft versus 50 anyway.

Pavel Mishakov
01-15-2012, 4:15 AM
Hello to everyone!
I'm eCut developer.
I know EVERYTHING about eCut :)
ECut has real true shape nesting! If you got any question, I can answer...

Larry Bratton
01-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Hey Larry,
I believe that Macromonster is a reseller of other author's macros. Ecut and Rstone's developer is in Russia but has Macromonster as another sales arm for us non Russian speaking people. but I do agree that Jeff knows his stuff and is very helpful. Besides it's easier to email or call Canada than wait for Russia to wake up and reply the next day. It takes twice as long to get an answer.

You don't speak Russian? :)

Craig Matheny
01-15-2012, 1:31 PM
Hello to everyone!
I'm eCut developer.
I know EVERYTHING about eCut :)
ECut has real true shape nesting! If you got any question, I can answer...
I guess my question is what if I buy a new computer or mine crashes and have to do a reload? Why should I have to pay again?

Larry Bratton
01-15-2012, 2:50 PM
Coz they make more MONEY that way!

Pavel Mishakov
01-15-2012, 9:42 PM
I guess my question is what if I buy a new computer or mine crashes and have to do a reload? Why should I have to pay again?

In this year I've changed the condition of use...
I understand your discontent.
I sold the program to the same conditions as in Russia, but time goes by and I changed them (in Russia and for English-speaking customers).

Michael Kowalczyk
01-16-2012, 1:49 PM
Hey Pavel,
Welcome to the Creek. Thank you for posting. Just to be clear on your terms/conditions of use, are you saying that if the PC crashes or we upgrade to a newer PC, not just a new hard drive, we can transfer Ecut to the newer PC?

Another question is does activation require the PC to be online/connected to Internet? I keep my PC that is dedicated to the laser off-line. It is about 90-100 feet away from my office so I use a USB stick to transfer any files to it.
Thank you and ...

Chuck Stone
01-16-2012, 5:42 PM
Another question is does activation require the PC to be online/connected to Internet? I keep my PC that is dedicated to the laser off-line. It is about 90-100 feet away from my office so I use a USB stick to transfer any files to it..

That might be true for a lot of us.. I know I use stripped down computers to run machines
and others for getting online. i won't have/want an all-in-one computer until they invent
a crash proof version that doesn't need upgrading every few months..

Pavel Mishakov
01-16-2012, 7:32 PM
Michael, you got it right.
I decided to give people ability to reactivate eCut if something like this happens. (windows crash or hardware crash or upgrade)
But before to reactivate, you'll have to let me know about your situation...

And to activate eCut you do not have to be online on this machine. You can activate it from another PC, which has Internet access.
Regards, Pavel.

Michael Kowalczyk
01-16-2012, 7:46 PM
Pavel,
Glad to hear and I am sure several others here will also be pleased.

Michael Kowalczyk
01-16-2012, 8:12 PM
Ya Chuck you can't be too careful these days. I have 1 HP that I use for my main internet access and older programs. 1 dual xeon workstation that is slowly getting less and less use because of my 3rd HP quad core PC that I am slowly migrating all my 3D stuff to. All 3 of these have dual monitors so it takes up a lot of desktop real estate but once you have had dual flatcreens it's hard to go back to a single. Then in another office I have my Dell (office management) PC with QB, Open Office3 and most of my office white paper communications stored. The 4th one is the old IBM pizza box that is dedicated to the laser. My main laptop collects dust now because it was so heavy to carry around that 17" behemoth, especially when the AC cord plug adapter has a loose connection internally and you have to finagle the cord to get it to have just the right amount of tension for it to recognize it and charge the battery and besides my Droid X2 does most of what I used it for and fits in my pocket:). Have one HP at home also and several others that have been mothballed.

That's quite a pipe dream ( I think many of us share it) for an all in one that will be crash proof and not need updating. That's what makes the world turn. Planned obsolescence.

If my Timex Sinclar or Commodore 64 & 128 (from the 80's) were enough I would not have needed to upgrade to the Mac Plus, SE, IICX,and the Quadra 610 DOD compatible (from the 90's) and too many to mention from the 2000's.

Larry Bratton
01-16-2012, 9:28 PM
Michael, you got it right.
I decided to give people ability to reactivate eCut if something like this happens. (windows crash or hardware crash or upgrade)
But before to reactivate, you'll have to let me know about your situation...

And to activate eCut you do not have to be online on this machine. You can activate it from another PC, which has Internet access.
Regards, Pavel.

Pavel,
Did you do the same thing with rStones?

Pavel Mishakov
01-17-2012, 3:41 AM
Pavel,
Did you do the same thing with rStones?
For now, I've changed only eCut conditions.